Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Newb: Jailbreak iPod 2.2.1

Default Newb: Jailbreak iPod 2.2.1
    Hello ModMyi!

I'm new to the iPhone/iPod mod scene. My sister has got a 2nd Gen. iPod Touch (Model# starts with MB) that's currently running ver. 2.2.1.

Looking at the different jailbreaking options, I think an untethered option would be best (my sis isn't very tech savvy so I'd like a jailbreak I can just do and leave). Spirit looks good but I'd need to update from 2.2.1 to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. iTunes only lets me update straight to 4.0. Is there anyway to manually update to 3.1.3 or is there another untethered solution for 2.2.1?

Thanks!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to silverbu11et For This Useful Post:

fast007 (2010-08-12)

No need to worry about tethered or un tethered (your on the old bootrom)

Just restore to ios4

and use redsn0w to jailbreak
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-07-07 at 06:12 AM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Yes there is you have to Download the firmware 3.1.3 from feluxbruns. It's a website search it on google. Then in iTunes press shift+restore and find 3.1.3 you downloaded and press ok. Then your on 3.1.3.

Redsn0w is not stable enough yet. Use spirit instead for 3.1.3
    Last edited by winvargh; 2010-07-07 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by winvargh View Post
    Yes there is you have to Download the firmware 3.1.3 from feluxbruns. It's a website search it on google. Then in iTunes press shift+restore and find 3.1.3 you downloaded and press ok. Then your on 3.1.3.

Redsn0w is not stable enough yet. Use spirit instead for 3.1.3
    Spirit is more stable than redsn0w?

lolz
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!