Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Frash (Flash) for iPad and other iOS devices.

iPhone? More like MyPhone McMichael96's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Frash (Flash) for iPad and other iOS devices.
    We all know that Apple has called off any possibility of bringing Adobe Flash on the iOS platform. Nevertheless, the enthusiast community managed to port Flash on the iPhone and make it work in the Mobile Safari browser. These days, buzz about the plugin - Frash developed by Spirit jailbreak developer c0mex has been on the web.

Frash is the Adobe Flash for Android runtime ported to Apple's iOS which will run on iPad via mobile Safari browser through a compatibility layer. Performance of this compatibility layer is pretty decent and over a period of time, it would be ported for iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS - obviously due to performance reasons. The iPad and iPhone 3GS have 256MB RAM and the iPhone 4 has a 512MB RAM. These three devices have enough RAM to run Flash smoothly in the mobile Safari browser.

A user named Xuzz149 posted a video regarding this on YouTube with a description which states - "Frash uses a multi-process model similar to Chrome on the desktop, so a crash in the Frash/Flash plugin doesn't take down the browser. You can see this while I'm playing Alien Hominid: the ad above crashed (probably a Frash bug), but Safari stays open just fine, and continues to play other Flash content on the page."

Initially, video and keyboard input won't be supported but it would be worked upon later.

These enthusiastic developers have found a workaround for getting Flash on to the iPad and iPhones as well. Hold on your devices for a stable release of Frash.
    I like apple stuff.
    If you see the username "McMichael96" anywhere, it's probably me.

Thanks

Yup already a nice thread on this , now for the front page