Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Questions concerning 1.1.4

Default Questions concerning 1.1.4
    I currently have my iPhone at 1.1.3 jailbroken with ziPhone 2.5. All works well except for the fact that from time to time the calls get dropped, or my phone shows no service and then finds service after about a minute. I have had the phone since day 1, and have never had this issue, prior to upgrading to 1.1.3. From what I have read, 1.1.4 addresses some of the service issues. Obviously, I will want to jailbreak it if i go to 1.1.4. I have a few questions. I have a legit ATT iPhone, 8gb 1.1.3 jailbroken with BL 3.9:

-Will google maps locate work on 1.1.4?

-Will YouTube work on 1.1.4?

-Will the modded version of customize work on 1.1.4?

-Are there any changes to the file structure, ie, applications need to go to a new folder? Any changes with locations of common files (ringtones, graphics, springboard?)

Any other information would be helpful. I understand that a lot of this info is splattered throughout the forums, however, to find the info would take forever. If anyone can help answer these questions I am sure it will be helpful for me and anyone else with the same concerns.

Kind Regards

i dont mean to spam, or keep my post up to be annoying, however, I would really appreciate a response as this is an issue I really want to resolve. Thank you
    Last edited by Core627; 2008-03-18 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

1.1.4 does not do anything fantastic. I'm on AT&T and saw no service benefits to 1.1.4. I have the same issues as you with dropped calls on occasion and it not picking up a tower for a couple minutes. 1.1.4 did NOT fix these issues. Just stay where you're at... as far as your other questions 1.1.4 does not have a different file system than 1.1.3.

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

As mentioned above, 1.1.4 is really just a bugfix release. No drastic changes, just little fixes here and there.

I personally noticed that with the BSD subsystem installed through installer when a program would toggle between wifi/edge my bars would go away and sit like that for 30 seconds to minute before reception returned.

After a clean restore then ZiPhone for jailbreak/activate/unlock (or in your case just jailbreak if you are AT&T legit activated in iTunes) I installed the Cydia package manager which installs a true BSD Subsystem (and the package manager is based off the time tested and true APT repository system in Debian linux). After that reception would restore within seconds on the same applications.

You can actually use Cydia instead of installer for a lot of apps but I personally installed the fake BSD subsystem through installer, the application "Poof", then made the Cydia icon hidden so I could just use installer.