Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot upgrade or downgrade despite having "made my life easier"?

Arrow Cannot upgrade or downgrade despite having "made my life easier"?
    I've looked for hours trying to find the answer before posting so I hope someone can help and I apologize if this has already been covered.

I have:

iPhone 3gs, 3.1.2(7D11), old bootrom (80937), Jailbroken, not unlocked, clicked "make my life easier" in cydia.

I would like:

To upgrade to 4.0, jailbroken or not.

Problem:

When I try to upgrade with iTunes on mac or pc I get, "device isn't eligible for the requested build".

Another detail. I clicked the "mmle" button in cydia about 7-10 days ago and it still says "this device has a pending TSS request." in cydia.

What am I missing? The phone still works fine but I'm concerned that I'm on the verge of bricking it. I'm outta my league here.

Thanks a ton for checking this out. 1 million barrels of gratitude to whoever has the solution.

-J

Thanks

even if you are on 3.1.2 and you just hit the "mmle" button 7 - 10 days ago the only shsh's you will be able to get are for 4.0 which means that 4.0 will be the only official firmware you will be able to restore to, but since you have the old bootrom you can use custom firmwares which bypass the signing process, download a custom 4.0 (if that is what you want to go to) firmware and in itunes shift+restore (pc) or option+restore (mac) and point itunes at the custom firmware and it will restore to it, btw, using a custom firmware means you will already be jailbroken when the restore is complete.....