Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I'm Curious...

Question I'm Curious...
    Hi,

I bought an iPhone 3GS 16GB off ebay a few months ago.

When it arrived I used it with my Orange sim without any problem for quite a while.

I heard that there was a new upgrade that allowed multitasking and personalised backgrounds so I plugged in my iPhone and upgraded.

After I'd done this I realised that my iPhone was previously unlocked and it was now locked to O2.

I've looked everywhere and it appears that there is no way to jailbreak and unlock my iPhone at the moment (old bootrom, model MC131B, firmware 05.13.04) and I may have to wait a while for a way to re-jailbreak it.

However, I was wondering how do people manage to come up with ways to jailbreak these iPhones?

Does anyone know where to start with this, and if they do could you point me in the right direction so I can try and do this myself?

do u have SHSH blobs saved on previous firmwares???

and about jailbreaking, it takes a long time to learn these things, so id reccomend just checking out the main page of the forums from time to time to see if anything came out, or follow the devteam/comex on twitter

Unfortunately, I don't think I do have the SHSH blobs.

I didn't realise that my iPhone was jailbroken until after I had upgraded to ios4.

Its possible that the person who sold it me did this but I'm not sure.

If I manage to jailbreak it again I'm definately going to save the SHSH blobs.

I think you can use a utility like tinyumbrella to determine if your SHSH blobs are cached on the Cydia server. If thats the case you may be able to downgrade to a previous iOS version and unlock.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

O2 will unlock Pay month phone for free and PAYG phones for 15.

Get an O2 Pay & Go sim with at least the 15 (plus enough to make a few calls) on it. Keep the O2 sim in the iphone then submit the unlock form which can be found here. O2 | iPhone Unlocking | Find out about unlocking your iPhone

Check out the O2 forum if you have any questions O2 Forum :: View Forum - Technical questions

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GMH For This Useful Post:

Ste_Moore01 (2010-07-06)

Hi GMH,

Will this unlock it to any network or lock it to O2?

If it locks it to O2 do you know if Orange provide this service?

**EDIT**
    Sorry I've just read the form and it'll be unlocked to any network.

Thank you so very much! :-)
    Last edited by Ste_Moore01; 2010-07-06 at 10:36 AM.