Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: O.S 4.0 Multi-tasking on 3G ????

Default O.S 4.0 Multi-tasking on 3G ????
    Hey guys/gals,

I would like to start of by saying this is a great site. I have been lurking around the board for a month or so, and tonight I decided to join.

I have a easy question for anyone that can possibly help me. I am a newb, and my current device is a 3g. I jailbroke it myself about month ago, but was very unhappy with the phone as it kept crashing everyday. I somehow managed to get it to upload to the 4.0 o.s( that is another story LOL) and now I am thinking I want to J/B it again to get the Apple version of Multi-taking on the 3G. I have seen vids of this on youtube, but they dont explain the process well enough to make me feel comfortable enough to attempt the J/B myself.

Any help would be great, or even a descriptive link would be helpful.

when I did the original J/B a month ago, the I Phone Guru I was getting help from told me to download blackra1n. I was unfortunately on O.S 3.1.3 and it royaly screwed up my I tunes. What he had me download was for the O.S 3.1.2 I believe. When I did this I tunes went nuts and stopped working. It would not sync, it would not do a thing. I was able to still download Spirit after the fact, and perform the J/B.

During the time the phone was jail broken, I was not able to use I tunes at all. My question is, is that normal, or under correct circumstances, I tunes can still be used? I have no prob with free Apps, but I prefer to pay for them, and have become adjusted to using I tunes anyway.

While the phone was Jail broken, my friend told me what Apps to get through Cydia to download things for free. The only reason I actually tried this is becuase I still wanted to download things on to the phone, but I tunes would not let me do anything( which may be normal, but I dont know). The prob I had is everything I downlaoded to the phone would not open. When I say everything, I mean every App I had before the J/B and after the J/B, would not open. Now that I am back on the Apple system 4.0, I am still having that problem but only 10% of the Apps I have/get do not open. Is there something wrong with the phone or is it just a fluke?

Last, I only want multi-tasking. Thats all I want! Well, I do love the new folders( I had folders and multi-tasking while the phone was Jail broken, and needless to say, I was not happy). I would like the battery percentage, but I think you all get my drift. My question is, by doing this will I no longer be able to use I tunes?

Just in case anyone comes up with the great idea of me getting a 3gs, I have thought about it, and if I get a new phone it will be a 4G, but that wont be until next year when I finsh school, or if my phone breaks.

I really appreciate any input and Im sorry my first post is so long. I honestly dont have any buddy's that have the know how, or smarts when it comes to the I phone.

Thanks again guys/gals, I hope you all had a great 4th!
    Tom
    Last edited by mustard05; 2010-07-05 at 08:39 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone gcastro723's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, Jailbreak with Redsn0w on a Mac, and just check the boxes "enable multitasking" and "enable homescreen wallpaper" and you should be good to go man.
    If you can see this you are one of the many people who can see this.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I'd just add, I turned on Multi-tasking on my GF's 3G, it made the phone unbelievably slow, so for once I agree with apple removing this particular feature from 3G users.

Quote Originally Posted by gcastro723 View Post
    Hey, Jailbreak with Redsn0w on a Mac, and just check the boxes "enable multitasking" and "enable homescreen wallpaper" and you should be good to go man.
    Unfortunately I do not have a Mac, I have a HP . Can this process be done using an HP?

Thanks for your responce. I truly appreciate it.

Tom

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Redsn0w also works on windows.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i turnd my multitasking on for my iphone 3g and it is oddly fast and hasnt been slow at all.... except when i was using safari, which i dont do very often....