Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak for iphone 3gs os4.0 with NEW bootrom

Default Jailbreak for iphone 3gs os4.0 with NEW bootrom
    I'm new to all this, had my phone for half a year now and haven't really considered jailbreaking until now so basically I know nothing about it, besides for the fact that I waited about a month too long to get the phone and it's running new bootrom (week 3 this year i think).

Anyway a friend of mine says it is possible with Spirit but from what I can tell so far this doesn't look very possible :S

So is it possible for me to jailbreak my phone? And if so, could someone push me in the right direction please?

Thanks

Thanks

if you are still on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 then spirit will jailbreak your phone

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    if you are still on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 then spirit will jailbreak your phone
    if he is on 3.1.3 and doesnt have shsh for 3.1.2 then he cant jailbreak it on ios4.

^ From all my research, i haven't even seen a 3.1.2->4.0 jailbreak for new bootroms. I've only been looking for a 3.1.3->4.0 admittedly, so i could easily have missed it.

As far as i know (and i have the same phone as you, but i have SHSH backed up for 3.1.3), if you have a new bootrom the best you can get is a 3.1.3 jailbreak.
    Last edited by bobdole3141; 2010-07-05 at 09:55 AM.

I had a question to add, even if he jailbreaks 3.1.3 (with new bootrom), it will not be possible to unlock it using ultrasn0w right?

Yes u can unlock it.

So if my iPhone is already loaded with OS4, I have no chance of jailbreaking it?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Just to explain what is possible at mo:

1. Old iBoot with 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, JB with Pwnage/Snowbreeze/Spirit2Pwn followed by Pwn/Sn0w.
    2. New iBoot with 3.1.2 - possible via some rather complex steps.
    3. Old or new iBoot on iOS4 with no possibility of a downgrade - Not currently JB.

So your option 3, so not possible mate, sorry.

Default I m using os 4.0 in 3GS...
    Buddies...I need ur help,my bro in USA used iphone 3GS os 4.0 firmware n now he gifted me the same phn,n m in india....now i need to unlock the phn,how to do it??
    n btw,iphone 3GS with new bootrom....!!

is thr any software to do it???

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by santreddy View Post
    Buddies...I need ur help,my bro in USA used iphone 3GS os 4.0 firmware n now he gifted me the same phn,n m in india....now i need to unlock the phn,how to do it??

since it is already on 4.0 and not currently jailbroken then there is nothing you can do at this point but wait for the new jailbreak/unlock to be released

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Activate the phone, Jailbreak with JailbreakMe.com, unlock with ultrasnow.

Quote Originally Posted by fventura03 View Post
    NO.
    You living in a box?

how to activate my iphone without original simcard....??
    m using iphone 3GS with OS 4.0 ....plzz guide me how to activate soo that i can upload new OS to my phone....

Just jailbroke for 1st time, so can I not not sync my phone to iTunes without wiping out the jailbreak??

Quote Originally Posted by santreddy View Post
    how to activate my iphone without original simcard....??
    m using iphone 3GS with OS 4.0 ....plzz guide me how to activate soo that i can upload new OS to my phone....
    Restore to 4.0.1, activate with either any ATT sim card or with a phonebook sim. Jailbreak with jailbreakme.com and download ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock. source: repo666.ultrasn0w.com