Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to jailbreak iPhone 4 ??

Just found this - it doesn't look fake:-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nchagLxLLuQ&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Offical iphone4 Jailbreak[/ame]

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

^^^doesnt look fake to me either, but if this is legit I'm not gonna send this dude any cash for something that should be coming out really soon or has been leaked by "His friends on facebook" that he has "shared" this with...
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Its soooo fake. He can open any program he wants expect cydia or winterboard? lol You can easily get any icon you want on your jailed phones springboard. He also could have easily edited his backup to say Tmobile or he could have restored from backup with it saying Tmobile. Dont send that nub anything.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smokingkiils's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    What help exactly did you expect for something that's not possible yet?.. Stealth's answer was short.. to the point.. and not rude in any way. You answered your own question when you searched everywhere and couldn't find any answers on the subject.
    owned him :P your by far my favourite mod ;D

Keep Or Delete My Sig ? :/

Thanks

He is my favorite mod also

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Its soooo fake. He can open any program he wants expect cydia or winterboard?
    That's it. I was wondering the same thing a well.

you can see that the cydia, winterboard, and installus are part of the wallpaper. Notice how he does not change screens?

Notice how the sim card removal is convientantly just to the left out of camera view?

When I set up my iPhone 4, the carrier name stayed the same as I had on the 3G.

Thanks

Yea it could be faked in several areas

Definitely undoubtedly fake.

1. As others have mentioned, you can change the carrier name on iPhone 4 by restoring from a backup that had a custom carrier name.
    2. Watching the video in fullscreen 720p you can clearly see there is no drop shadow underneath the Cydia and Winterboard icons. There is a drop shadow under the Safari icon however so he doesn't have drop shadows disabled.
    3. SIM ejection is done off camera.
    4. He never opens any JB apps
    5. He never pages through Springboard, revealing the JB app icons are in fact part of the wallpaper

LOL just watched it again to make sure. If you look at the Springboard pagination dots above the dock... um where are there two sets of them?
    Last edited by ct0wn; 2010-07-06 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Mods need to delete or atleast lock threads like these.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Just watched it again (first time I was watching it while getting dressed to go out to eat) and the icons are definitely part of the wallpaper. The font style and size are no where close to the same as safari's. Plus, now looking again at the video, if my iPhone 4 was jailbroken right now I would have had a theme, lockinfo and all kinds of good stuff running... especially a theme going instead of using the default wallpaper...

Sad to say, I got pwned by not paying attention to the details in the video...especially when I'm big on minor details...
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

limera1n is not fake, it's geohot's next tool, however he has no plans to release.

dont mean to add fuel to the fire but if limera1n will do the job and its not fake, why wont he release it ?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    He is my favorite mod also
    I hate all the mods.....every single one of them........

Quote Originally Posted by starbai View Post
    dont mean to add fuel to the fire but if limera1n will do the job and its not fake, why wont he release it ?
    Because he hasn't made limera1n yet and has no plans to in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by imattibi View Post
    that was such amazing help, thank you so much !
    Quote Originally Posted by imattibi View Post
    I expected 'help' not a rude answer. like, when it will be available, will it be available at all, where should i be looking etc.
    Just because I can't find it doesnt mean its not available.

You know, there have been comments made about my attitude when it comes to people and tech these days. Of course these comments have not been "nice" nor have they been made by people that know half of what they would like to believe they know.

With that said, people like the author of this thread have no business owning an IPhone or anything Apple, period. In fact, he should own something like a Samsung "smart phone" (you know, just a basic phone with a touch screen). Why? For starters he is an arrogant little waste of forum space and obviously expects everyone to fall at his feet when he comes around asking about something that people with real KNOWLEDGE already have the answer to. "how can I jailbreak my NEW Iphone4". Seriously? First off, nobody cares that you have a "new" IPhone 4, it is probably the only IPhone you have ever owned and I'm guessing its the only thing in your house with an APPLE logo on (besides anything you put your "NEW" Apple stickers on). You ask about the jailbreak as if you actually know what it really is and as if you have past experience with it yet just by asking the question you showed that you in fact have NO past experience. Had you owned and jailbroken an Apple device at any point in your life, you would have already known the answer to that question and not wasted forums space by asking it.

Moving on now to your attitude and total lack of respect for the people that posted an answer to your question. Again, please remember that your question really should have just been deleted and it's only because we have a member population that actually cares about helping people that your question was answered. Most people could see what you were when they saw the title of the thread, I know I did.

You asked an inane question, replied to the person who answered you with a smartass comment and then dropped out of the thread all together. Fact of the matter is that you registered after searching google for some "magical jailbreak" -even if it existed, you probably wouldnt know how to use it- and finding our website. Now that you have your answer, you will probably never post here again and never take the time to actually contribute anything to our community.

So enjoy your new IPhone and make sure to walk around with no case on it so that people can see the apple logo. Do not forget to pull it out and make calls that you really dont need to make with the hopes that someone will give you some attention and think you are "cool". Make sure you tell everyone that you have it and start acting like you are an Apple fan even though you probably know nothing about the company.

What I'm trying to say here is this. People like you making anything tech well, no fun. You get things just because you think its the cool thing to do (dont worry that you are a few years to late on that one) and then pretend that you are a geek. If you want to own cool things, fine but dont use people on this website and others to help create that mask you wear when you are out in the streets bragging about "what you know".

Dont like my post? Move on with your life then because I'm tired of reading threads like this. YES, modmyi is a GREAT place to learn things but when people come here to make a couple of post asking stupid questions (because they have not done any research) and then insult our members, I really dont give a damn about having them here.
    Roll Tide!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crimson_fried For This Useful Post:

roninbjk (2010-07-13), rumcajs (2010-07-12)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I only read a 10th of your post and agree with most of it. Sone people aren't satisfied with a three word answer. They want a long drawn out reasoning as to why things are the way they are. A little reading would do them good.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

crimson_fried (2010-07-14), mortopher (2010-07-12)

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I only read a 10th of your post and agree with most of it. Sone people aren't satisfied with a three word answer. They want a long drawn out reasoning as to why things are the way they are. A little reading would do them good.
    That's all I'm saying really. I mean if you want to do something -anything- the first step is to educate yourself on the subject, research as much as you can before starting. People these days just jump online and start asking questions because they do not want to take the time to learn anything on their own.
    Roll Tide!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I miss the cmd line days. Today everything is handed to you on a silver platter. GUIs are cool and all, but I like the feeling of having accomplished something.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast