Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS iOS4 JB Problems?

Unhappy iPhone 3GS iOS4 JB Problems?
    Hi,
    I have an iPhone 3GS New BootROM currently running iOS 4.0. I have (or had) SHSH blobs on the Cydia server for both 3.1.2 and 3.1.3.
    I have upgraded to stock iOS 4.0, and now cannot restore to 3.1.2 or custom (Jailbroken) 4.0 ipsws (4.0 created in sn0wbreeze), giving 1600, 3014, 1604 and 3194 errors.
    I need the phone jailbroken, preferably on iOS 4.0. It does not need to be unlocked, I am in the UK on O2.
    Any help would be much appreciated?
    Thanks
    Pratstercs

u need to change the hosts server to point to cydias server where your shsh blobs are please check the guides section on top of the forum for help.

Quote Originally Posted by DJM AutoWerkz View Post
    u need to change the hosts server to point to cydias server where your shsh blobs are please check the guides section on top of the forum for help.
    This has been in place since my 3.1.2 jailbreak, 6 months ago. Checked today too, and still in place.

Thanks

new bootrom 3GS will not accept custom firmwares, as far as restoring to official 3.1.2 you are getting errors because the baseband was updated when you went to 4.0, you can use this guide to help you restore to 3.1.2 http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-tutorial.html

That guide linked above is really good, i can confirm on 4.0 new bootrom 3gs, it works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdole3141 View Post
    That guide linked above is really good, i can confirm on 4.0 new bootrom 3gs, it works like a charm.
    What version where you restoring to?