Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore error (9) help

Angry Restore error (9) help
    Hi i tried to update my iphone 3gs with a cooked firware by folling these instructions
    Jailbreak iPhone 3GS iOS 4 which is Jailbroken Using Spirit with Spirit2Pwn | Redmond Pie

when i tried to update it got halfay through and came up with unable to resore iphone and unknown error (14)

then tried again and all i get is unknown error (9)

i get this error and the 1600 error every time now even when i try to restore the official apple restore....

i have tried the fixes eg deleating the files from appdata but nothing works i just get the error 9

how do i fix this and what is the problem?

Thanks

From apple:
    Error 9: This error occurs when the device unexpectedly drops off of the USB bus and communication stops. This can occur if the device is manually disconnected during the restore process. This issue can be resolved by performing USB isolation troubleshooting, using a different USB dock connector cable, trying another USB port, restoring on another computer, or by eliminating conflicts from third-party security software.

thanks for the reply i have tried to restore on 3 different computers and get the same error on each one. has it fooked my phone?

if i take it back to apple will the repair be covered on warrenty?

Thanks

Have you tried using a different USB cable? As long as the phone is under a year old Apple will either fix it or replace it. Be warned...Most likely they will do a restore on it, and it will be 4.0. If they put a stock 4.0 on unless you have shsh's on file for a previous fw you will be stuck unjailbroken until a new jailbreak is released for 4.0.

yes i have tried everything possible to sort the problem. that was the conclusion i came to about sending it back. i thought you couldnt actually break your iphone perminatly by playing with the firmware. oh well will contack apple and hope they dont no it was jailbroken.

thanks for ya help