Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: goldra1n

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default goldra1n
    does anyone know anything about this thing? i was looking on google for ways to jailbreak my iphone 3g with ios 4.0 or downgrade to 3.1.2 and do it that way..... but i found this and dont know anything about it..... so can anyone tell me if this is good or bad?

Thanks

fake, since you have the 3g use redsn0w to jailbreak

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

drog92 (2010-07-06)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i have tried redsn0w several times but it always says that it does not recognize the secified ipsw or whatever that has said..... i dont know what to do... ive read so many different forums and everything on how to downgrade to 3.1.2 or jailbreak the ios4 but i just simply cant

Thanks

which version of redsn0w?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

drog92 (2010-07-06)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

well apparently i deleted it..... so im trying to find a new download..... think you could point me to one??? and i also went to the redn0w part of these forums and found this one post and someone put up a link to download frmware and the redsn0w that they used..... i just dont know what to do..... if you want/can just give me links to download firmware and the redsn0q that needs to be used.... i know how to do everything, it just kept giving me that error..... anything you can do will help..... just PM me or keep replying, whatever you want to do......

here is the forum that i was talking about: http://modmyi.com/forums/redsn0w/715...fied-ipsw.html
    Last edited by drog92; 2010-07-04 at 11:20 AM. Reason: forum

Make sure you have the latest download of redsn0w ( search YouTube for 4.0 jailbreak on redsn0w and you should find a link in the description). And if that doesn't work redownload the firmware or get the one iTunes downloaded. If your on a pc the go to (username)/appdata/roaming/apple computer/iPod firmware update/ and it should be in that folder. App data is hidden so type it or show hidden files in control panel. Some of the filenames may not be exact as I typed it from memory

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cainy393 For This Useful Post:

drog92 (2010-07-06)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dragon7034 View Post
    well apparently i deleted it..... so im trying to find a new download..... think you could point me to one??? and i also went to the redn0w part of these forums and found this one post and someone put up a link to download frmware and the redsn0w that they used..... i just dont know what to do..... if you want/can just give me links to download firmware and the redsn0q that needs to be used.... i know how to do everything, it just kept giving me that error..... anything you can do will help..... just PM me or keep replying, whatever you want to do......

here is the forum that i was talking about: http://modmyi.com/forums/redsn0w/715...fied-ipsw.html
    here is a link for the redsn0w that works for 4.0 http://wikee.iphwn.org/howto:rsbeta

11. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

drog92 (2010-07-06)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i have an emachine with windows 7..... i dont know if it is 64 bit but i have an internet explorer 64 bit..... i dont even know what the difference in that stuff is....

ModMyi Forums - Downloads - redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-4

Theres the redsn0w you need. use the firmware iTunes downloaded like I said before.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cainy393 For This Useful Post:

drog92 (2010-07-06)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ill tell you how this goes..... but i will be trying this tomarrow or monday..... my forth is filled up with a lot of stuff......
    but just thanks in advanced for trying to help me..... and i will definatly reply with if it worked or not, when i try it..... and can you also give me a link for the 4.0 ipsw that will work with it???

Quote Originally Posted by cainy393 View Post
    ModMyi Forums - Downloads - redsn0w_win_0.9.5b5-4

Theres the redsn0w you need. use the firmware iTunes downloaded like I said before.
    i dont know how to find the firmware..... ive looked all over that place but i cant seem to find it....
    Last edited by drog92; 2010-07-04 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Modmyi has a download in it's guide section, I don't which device your on so I can't give you a direct download but here is the guide.

How to Jailbreak 4.0 iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 2g on OS X/Windows

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cainy393 For This Useful Post:

drog92 (2010-07-06)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

ok one of the files i downloaded works..... now before i continue, people were saying that you need to do certain things with redsnow..... do i just follow a guide? if so which one?

Quote Originally Posted by dragon7034 View Post
    ok one of the files i downloaded works..... now before i continue, people were saying that you need to do certain things with redsnow..... do i just follow a guide? if so which one?
    Just follow the instructions in the program, it yells you what to do on screen.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to cainy393 For This Useful Post:

drog92 (2010-07-06)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

and also, when i do the jailbreak, will i be able to do a restore and get all the stuff back on there that i had? or will i just have to start over?

It actually just breaks the current phone. Everything that is on your phone will remain unchanged. The new version of redsn0w (that you were pointed to) also fixed the MMS issues that it was having. Good luck, have fun.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to iSunday For This Useful Post:

drog92 (2010-07-06)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

it took me about 20 tried because i kept messing up or it froze, one time it didnt install cydia or anything, but i finally got it jailbroke again and everything..... currently working on getting all of the stuff that i had on there..... luckily before i updated i made a notepad of everything that i wanted back onto my phone from my previous jailbreak.... thank you guys so much for all of the help

Thanks

glad it finally worked out for you

26. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

drog92 (2010-07-06)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    glad it finally worked out for you
    thank you for all of your help...... i am so happy that my phone is jailbroke again..... the main thing i wanted was wallpaper and biteSMS..... haha and i did SSH, since "iFile" costs, i enabled multitasking, and mine is working extremely well with it....

so again, thank you so much

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

I take screenshots of all of my installed Cydia apps an repos before loading a new firmware and then dump them on my computer. It is faster than typing