Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod 8gb Third Generation

Default Ipod 8gb Third Generation
    I got a new Ipod 8gb Third Generation and I've got a couple of questions.
    1. If its true that 8gb Third Generations have the same hardware as Second Generations, do second generation jailbreaks work for my ipod?
    2. While jailbreaking Second Generations I've read that there's an option to allow multitasking, will that option be available to my version of Ipod?
    3. Can my Ipod Downgrade without SHSH blobs like Second Gens can?
    BTW its a MC Model
    I've tried to research other places but there's just so much conflicting views and I'm not sure what to believe.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

1) 3G iPod Touch is supposed to be faster :/ Then again I heard it was just a GB upgrade too. Iffy on that one. The jailbreak methods aren't the same, I believe 3G iPod Touch doesn't jailbreak easily. Then again I'm more of an iPhone guru than iPod :P

2) You can multitask on iOS 4 or via Backgrounder+Circuitous (or ProSwitcher, Kirikae, and some others but those are the best). You may multitask (not true multitasking though) on iOS 4 without a jailbreak.

3) iPods don't require SHSH blobs, just iPhone 3GS.

I could be wrong on some of this info, but I've done my best since nobody is helping you lol.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Noname562 (2010-07-04)

Thanks! I have IOS 4.0 but I still can't multitask. I think Only 32GB and 64GB can because they have different hardware.

Oops. I'm In the wrong Forum category... I went to the grey bar at the top and went from Forums to Jailbreaking, didn't see the Iphone part. Sorry!
    Last edited by Noname562; 2010-07-04 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost