Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking a 3gs iphone

Default Jailbreaking a 3gs iphone
    Hi, i just purchased a brand new iphone 3gs 32gb, however is has the modem firmware of 05.12.01, is there any way i can jailbreak and unlock this or just jailbreak this iphone, it has not previosly been jailbroken as all the tutorials say is a must.

I also have an additional question if i downgreade to 3.1.2 or upgrade to os 4 will i be able to jailbreak/unlock the iphone then? without having to previously had the phone jailbroken?

Thank you for any help.

Edit: is there also a way i can change my baseband, would that help to jailbreak or unlock?
    Last edited by Vampy26; 2010-07-04 at 01:47 AM.

Thanks

spirit is your only jailbreak option, it takes about 30 seconds literally, once done install ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock, the phone must be activated for spirit to work though, to answer your second question, since the phone has never been jailbroken restoring to 3.1.2 is out of the question since there are no 3.1.2 shsh's on file with cydia for your phone, if you update to 4.0 then you will not be able to jailbreak at all so i wouldn't go that route either...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

Vampy26 (2010-07-04)

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    spirit is your only jailbreak option, it takes about 30 seconds literally, once done install ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock, the phone must be activated for spirit to work though, to answer your second question, since the phone has never been jailbroken restoring to 3.1.2 is out of the question since there are no 3.1.2 shsh's on file with cydia for your phone, if you update to 4.0 then you will not be able to jailbreak at all so i wouldn't go that route either...
    Edit: Fixed, jailbroken and unlocked thank you for your help topic closed
    Last edited by Vampy26; 2010-07-04 at 11:52 AM.