Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I can't get rid of multitasking and wallpaper on my 3G?!

Default I can't get rid of multitasking and wallpaper on my 3G?!
    I JB my 3G with iOS4 and of course its running a little slow, so I decided to only enable cydia and rehack it. When I ONLY enabled cydia, it was there but multitasking and wallpaper are still there too.

What is the problem, I just restored to 4.0 which took quite some time. Ive done it a couple times now trying to get rid of Multi and Wallpaper. Is anyone else having this problem?

Is it possible to disable them somehow?

iPhone? More like MyPhone jeezy45's Avatar
    Thanks

you might have to do a fresh restore but dont quote me on that
    DON'T HESITATE HIT THANX!!

Thanks

if you are using a custom 4.0 they may be enabled by default, as jeezy45 said try restoring to an official 4.0 and use redsn0w to jailbreak without checking the multitasking and wallpaper options

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BLAKsteve View Post
    I JB my 3G with iOS4 and of course its running a little slow, so I decided to only enable cydia and rehack it. When I ONLY enabled cydia, it was there but multitasking and wallpaper are still there too.

What is the problem, I just restored to 4.0 which took quite some time. Ive done it a couple times now trying to get rid of Multi and Wallpaper. Is anyone else having this problem?

Is it possible to disable them somehow?
    ifile, ssh, whatever you prefer, regardless, just access the plist file and disable them, search the boards, plenty of instructions on how.

From what I understand, Redsnow is designed to be re-run to make changes like you want without the need for a restore. Just try running redsnow again without restoring and uncheck those options and see what happens. Just do a backup first in iTunes. What have you got to lose?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
    From what I understand, Redsnow is designed to be re-run to make changes like you want without the need for a restore. Just try running redsnow again without restoring and uncheck those options and see what happens. Just do a backup first in iTunes. What have you got to lose?
    you are correct, I didn't mention this because in the original post he said he had tried to "just enable cydia and rehack it", so I assumed he had re-run redsn0w, you know what they say about assuming though