Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to check for SHSH on Cydia?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default How to check for SHSH on Cydia?
    Is it possible to check if your SHSH blobs exist on Cydia's server? Is there some way to look this up? I bought a used iphone that had been jailbroken and want to see if the original owner ever clicked "make my life easier" or not.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

When you open Cydia, it should be on the home page stating that the SHSH blobs are on file. I think it's along the top of the page, but it could be along the bottom. I'm pretty sure it's along the top.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The first thing I did was a mem reset on the phone (which incidentally caused it to crash because of Cydia I think). Im almost positive I saw the cydia icons on the springboard, plus the crash, so it must have been jailbroken. But it's too late for me to tell. I need to compare the phone to Cydia servers somehow to see if they ever did this so I can know if I can downgrade or not.

Thanks

you can use tinyumbrella and in advanced select 3GS 3.1.3 from the drop down and cydia from the drop down and select save my shah's, if cydia has them it will save them to your computer, if it has them for 3.1.3 then select 3.1.2, etc., to see how many it has, if it says this device is not eligible then they aren't there

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thx! Looks like original owner never clicked it, so im stuck

My "pending tss request" message on top of the Cydia home page was finally updated to "This device has SHSHs on file for iphone OS 4.0". Thank you Saurik

Since I jailbroke too late to get my 3.1.3 firmware saved, I guess I gotta wait until there is a jailbreak for 4.0 before I can do a restore. My 3GS is an MC model with the baseband 05.12.01. Does that mean I have the new bootrom? If so, is there an untethered jailbreak for this yet?

Also, does anyone know what kind of improvements were made for the 4.0 firmware?

I have no reason to upgrade my firmware since everything is apparently working well, but if somehting goes wrong and I need to do a restore, I need to know if I will be able to re-jailbreak.