Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Jailbreaking Help!!!

Default 3GS Jailbreaking Help!!!
    Hey guy's I just received a 3GS from a friend that upgraded to the iPhone 4. I'm having some issues trying to jailbreak it on iOS 4.0. Its currently running on the original iOS 4.0 b/c he upgraded it through iTunes before he gave it to me. I tried creating a custom ipsw through sn0wbreeze, but when I put the phone into dfu mode and try to restore it through iTunes I always get the 1604 error. I loaded the original iOS 4.0 without any errors. It was not previously jailbroken, so I dont have access to the ssh files. I tried to look up the bootrom version by looking at the usb properties, but it doesn't say. So I went ahead and looked up the manufacture date (according to the 3,4,5th serial number method) and it was supposedly manufactured on the 25th week of 2009 (approx July 09). I read that its likely on the old bootrom b/c it was manufactured before Nov 09. Does anyone know how to get around this issue so that I can jailbreak my iPhone?

Here is some additional info on my phone:
    Phone: 3GS iPhone 16GB
    Firmware: iOS 4.0 (Original)
    Baseband: 05.13.04
    Bootrom: ???

Thanks in advance for your help guys/gals!

NM, I just used iDetector and it notified me that im on the new bootrom. Looks like i'll have to wait for an exploit.
    Last edited by Inwood; 2010-07-03 at 04:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Need SHSH blobs to restore the 3GS. New bootrom 3GS phones cannot utilize custom firmwares. Don't know if yours is a new or old bootrom. Considering the phone has never been jailbroken before though, it can't be jailbroken now.