Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Clean 3GS w/ 4.0

Default Clean 3GS w/ 4.0
    So I've read a ton of messages about previously jailbroken 3gs phones, but nothing about clean ones, so I'm asking.

I just bought a 3GS that'd been properly upgraded to 4.0. The phone's never been jailbroken, and is factory stock for all intents and purposes.

From f0recast:
    Baseband: 05.13.04
    Bootloader: 6.4
    Model: MC135
    Jailbreakable: Yes (don't upgrade!)
    Unlockable: No
    Untethered: Depends if it's refurbished

I bought this phone to use on T-Mobile, as I'd had a G1 that was the worst phone I've ever used, period, and got sick of it. What are my options to get this thing going?

Thanks

Hmm looks like old bootrom? Should be able to bake a custom firmware and shift-restore that to your iPhone.

Should be tons (and tons) of threads around with information on how to do that. I'd run iDetector (same site as f0recast) just to make sure it's old bootrom.

Umm- maybe restore back to 3.1.3 and get Spirit.

OS4 has nothing special; nor did the upgrade from 3.1.2 to 3.1.3 to be fair.

Just downgrade back to 3.1.3- there are heaps of Tutes and tools on here if you use the search function and then use spirit to jailbreak.

That is your best option.
    My Rotten Pear beats your fresh Apple every time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

if it's never been jailbroken, you cannot restore to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 at this time, because your SHSH blobs aren't stored. you're out of luck until a new jailbreak comes out.

Thanks

^^^^
    What he said.

Default Crap
    Thanks for the help so far, ya'll. I'm coming from a land of Android, where unlocking does everything, so this two step jailbreak/unlock sequence for the iPhone has me a little tied up even before I got into the 4.0-too-new-to-break bits. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by allicatmeow View Post
    if it's never been jailbroken, you cannot restore to 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 at this time, because your SHSH blobs aren't stored. you're out of luck until a new jailbreak comes out.
    You are stuck waiting for a 4.0 jailbreak like liars and loads of us. Relax...Check in a week or so..