Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: WaitN on 4.0, but Need 3.1.3 PLZ

Smile WaitN on 4.0, but Need 3.1.3 PLZ
    o.k. after much review (and backing up iphone using ssh) I have decided to wait on upgrading to 4.0. i currently have 3.0.1 on jailbroken, unlocked iphone 3gs. i need 3.1 or higher to use mms on my phone. how can i do this since itunes is using 4.0?? what tools do i need?? what steps do i do? then how to restore files using ssh after upgrade.. i don't want to lose my apps. i don't mind putting everything else back.. photos, music, contacts etc, but games and apps can't be replaced.. i would really appreciate some help with this.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If you have the old bootrom you can create a custom firmware of 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 and shift+restore to that.

I don't think simply backing up your phone via SSH will put everything back in place unless you replace every single file I suppose. Sync with iTunes to back up your app store apps and use aptbackup in Cydia to back up your Cydia apps. After the restore, select "restore from back up" via iTunes and it will put all your contacts and apps back on. Redownload from Cydia aptbackup and hit "restore" and it will reinstall all your Cydia apps and tweaks. There really is no need for backing up via SSH.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

tambra77 (2010-07-03)