Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS new Bootrom on 3.1.3? jailbreak or upgrade to 4.0?

Question iPhone 3GS new Bootrom on 3.1.3? jailbreak or upgrade to 4.0?
    I got my hands on a shiny new 3GS new bootrom with 3.1.3 It was about time since my old 3G on JB 4.0 was getting old and really slow and the buttons stopped working.

I think the OS4 is pretty neat and I'd love to have it jailbroken with my 3GS, but I'm guessing it's pretty hard to jailbreak 4.0 just right now huh?

So right now I'm on 3.1.3. Can I get JB4.0? If not how do I safely jailbreak this 3.1.3?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Umm new bootrom phones are difficult. I'd say jailbreak 3.1.3 with Spirit.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Squishy Crayons (2010-07-03)

Current "jailbreak 3gs on new bootrom from spirit JB to ios4 JB!!!" methods don't work. ie. You can't get to ios4 JB if you've got 3.1.3 spirit JB with new bootrom. Unless a new guide is out since last night, i've tried every method posted so far.

I think i'd stick with 3.1.3 spirit jailbreak. I would too, if i had my contacts backed up, but unfortunately i only have them backed up in ios4 and i can't downgrade and still keep my contacts etc.

Edit:
    Forgot to add - to jailbreak 3.1.3, just download spirit and run it, click jailbreak, it jailbreaks, you're done in ~10 seconds.
    Last edited by bobdole3141; 2010-07-03 at 03:04 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to bobdole3141 For This Useful Post:

Squishy Crayons (2010-07-03)

Ok I went ahead and JB 3.1.3 with Spirit. I've heard rumors of a Spirit Jb for the 4.01 release which is set to come out soon

thanks for your help guys

and wow! the 3gs is SOOOOO much faster than my 3G

Squishy Crayons - just to clarify - you ran Spirit on your brand new 3GS on 3.1.3 and it was successful?

I'm about to buy a new one from a guy and will be in the same boat. I'll have jailbreak so I can unlock.

Thanks for your help!

Spirit works on all 3GS, new or old bootrom, on 3.1.3.
    No signature spam

9. The Following User Says Thank You to option For This Useful Post:

aerojb (2010-07-09)