Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wine dows UNLOCK & JAILBREAK Help Plz

Question Wine dows UNLOCK & JAILBREAK Help Plz
    so i have gotten a 3gs iphone with 3.0. unlocked, jailbroke. confirmed on old baseband. i use windows (unfortunely).. am i right in thinking i can upgrade to 4.0 using SNOWBREEZE to jailbreak and unlock with ULTRASNOW ??? any known issues?? should i just get a 3.1.3 FW and use that for now??? I would appreciate everyones feedback and thoughts on this.. thanks so much..
    Last edited by tambra77; 2010-07-02 at 05:22 PM.

you are correct. create a custom ipsw using stock ios4 ipsw available in the download section, then customize with the latest sn0wbreeze. you can even set it to be activated, and install the latest ultrasn0w package with sn0wbreeze. then just restore your phone thru itunes by putting the phone into dfu mode and then shift clicking the restore button in itunes and selecting your custom ipsw.

good luck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to thecrunked For This Useful Post:

tambra77 (2010-07-02)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If you have shsh saved, you can use 3.1.3 sure

Otherwise I dont know if you can upgrade straight from 3.0 to 4.0 but if you have a SHSH saved for 3.0 you can always get back to it so may as well give it a blast.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Will01 For This Useful Post:

tambra77 (2010-07-02)

i've looked at my cydia.. at top it says device has SHSH on file for 3.1.2 3.1.3.. no 3.0.1.. what does that mean?? also if i use tinyumbrella can i save my iphones 3.0.1 SHSH on my computer?? just to be safe?? this is getting into a WHOLE diff arena for me.. learning lots, but don't want to screw my phone up either.. anyone know if can upgrade straight from 3.0.1 to 4.0?? i really appreciate all the help..

just be careful and make sure you backup everything you need because I didn't and now I'm waiting like a bunch of other people. There's really nothing great that I've seen in 4.0 since I've been stuck with it. I would gladly go back to my 3.1.2 jailbroken phone over 4.0 stock any day.

I miss my boss paper and random ring!!!!!
    Last edited by bigrog74; 2010-07-02 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bigrog74 For This Useful Post:

tambra77 (2010-07-03)