Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS 4 performance on 3g

Default iOS 4 performance on 3g
    I wish I had my filthy mitts on a gen 4, but t-mobile steadfastly refuses to honor my claim that they should subsidize the cost of a new iPhone via ebay cause my contract is up.... those bastards

Anyway... from what I have been reading, the iOS 4 simply is not optimized for use on the 3G, irregardless of the specific ipsw for these models. From what I guess, my phone suffers from the measly 128mb RAM available to it... vs the gargantuan 512 and 256 available to its newer siblings.

Question being... for those of you who have taken the plunge and upgrade to iOS 4 on the 3G what are your thoughts... well worth it, minor upgrade... or avoid altogether.

thanks!

Thanks

Default upgraded and it hurt
    I upgraded to 4.0 on a 3g then jailbroke it and it killed the performance, all I wanted to do was tether so I'm trying again this time turning off the options. Also it killed the ability to mms pictures? Anyone know why?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yeh I upgraded the GF's 3G to iOS4 and it's the worst thing I did, the grief I have to take from her. In fact, I thing she may throw her engagement ring at me shortly. I'm downgrading her back to 313 this evening.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I ended up restoring to 4.0 and setting up as new phone then NOT jailbreaking and it's working alot better. Battery life is way way way better. I've only ran across a couple of apps that don't work. Accuweather is one for instance.

Oh and yea MMS works just perfectly.

Wessy