Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with Sn0wbreeze 1.6.2 plz

Default Help with Sn0wbreeze 1.6.2 plz
    I had a Sn0wbreeze 1.6.1 jailbroken old bootrom 3gs running 4.0, but I was getting ibooks error. I saw the update that new Sn0wbreeze 1.6.2 gets rid of that error, so I tried to use it. Now when I tried to jailbreak it with Sn0wbreeze 1.6.2, I am getting 1601 towards the end, any urgent help plz how to get rid of this error ? Right now, I am stuck in recovery/DFU mode phoneless !

Thanks in advance !

first to get pass over the recovery mode, hold the Home Button and the Power Button TOGETHER for about 15 Seconds and your device will boot.
    then to restore to a sn0wbreeze custom version you should be in recovery mode with iTunes 9.2
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

sbtechie (2010-07-02)

Quote Originally Posted by drmias View Post
    first to get pass over the recovery mode, hold the Home Button and the Power Button TOGETHER for about 15 Seconds and your device will boot.
    Thanks, I did the above part...My phone is in working condition now again and out of recovery mode...Now, how do I restore it to a custom fw using Sn0wbreeze 1.6.2 without getting that error 1601 ?

Thanks..

You should make a custom Firmware using Sn0wBreeze 1.6.2, and then restore to it using iTunes while the device is in Recovery Mode.
    It suppose to restore flawlessly.
    Last edited by drmias; 2010-07-02 at 01:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

sbtechie (2010-07-02)

So, do you think last time when I tried the same thing and got an error 1601 was because of improper recovery mode ??

And just to make sure the steps, I am writing them below, let me know, if i m doing something wrong:
    (1) connect iphone to computer
    (2) press home and power button for 10 seconds until the device goes blank
    (3) release power button and keep pressing home button until i see a message in itunes saying "the device is in recovery mode"
    (4) press ok and then press shift+ restore to restore to a custom fw

Are these steps correct ?

That is DFU Mode, you need Recovery mode, which is:
    1) Power your iphone off
    2) press the Home Button and connect to the pc while HOLDING the home
    button, and keep holding until you get to the 'connect to iTunes' screen.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

frenchguy (2010-07-03), sbtechie (2010-07-02)

Thanks drmias ! It works...so, I guess the problem was due to the phone not being in restore mode and in DFU mode...and thats what gave that error 1601

Thanks again for your help !

It works like a charm