Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS with ios 4 GM wanting a jailbreak...

Default 3GS with ios 4 GM wanting a jailbreak...
    I have a 3GS with ios4 GM. I downloaded and installed it a couple days prior to June 21 (the release date). It works great, but I want to jailbreak it. It currently has 05.13.04 firmware installed. I know I can't use Pwnage tool 4.1 because I am not on the old firmware (or am I wrong?). Do I just have to wait for a new jailbreak on the new firmware or what >.< ?

THANKS!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Was your phone ever jailbroke on 3.1.2 and did you save your SHSH blobs? If so then yes, if not then no
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

catsfan222 (2010-07-01)

I was jailbroken on 3.1.2 and no, I never saved anything

What should I look out for then as far as jailbreaks go? Will the dev team have something for the 3GS when they release the jailbreak for the Iphone 4?

Didn't you tap on 'Make My Life Easier' in cydia?
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

I think so... When would I have pressed this button?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it would have been on the top of the home screen of cydia.

once you press it, does it go away? if that's the case,then yes. yes i did

well? someone answer! im in the same dilemma

Use this: The Firmware Umbrella
    to check whether you have SHSH\Blobs for 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. and only then, restore to it.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

catsfan222 (2010-07-02)

Hi there ^_^
    My iPhone 3Gs model is start with MC and modem Firmware is 05.12.01
    And I'd tab Make My Life Easier in Cydia and I have SHSHs on file for iPhone OS 3.1.3
    I don't know it's older boot rom or newer boot rom, I just want to know how to jailbreak iOS4 after upgreating.
    Plz help me

Ok, so I download the tinyumbrella file and run it on the computer linked to the iPhone?

Quote Originally Posted by catsfan222 View Post
    Ok, so I download the tinyumbrella file and run it on the computer linked to the iPhone?
    Yes, while connected, click on 'Advance..' and then choose '3.1.2/3.1.3 firmware' and 'Cydia' click on 'Save My SHSH'
    If it save a file, then you've got you blobs backed up with Cydia, if not then you have no blobs saved.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to drmias For This Useful Post:

catsfan222 (2010-07-04)

Can I use Snowbreeze 1.7 to jailbreak my iphone 3GS with ios4 currently installed? Sorry to bring this dead post back to life :-/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by catsfan222 View Post
    Can I use Snowbreeze 1.7 to jailbreak my iphone 3GS with ios4 currently installed? Sorry to bring this dead post back to life :-/
    no, not without being able to restore to 3.1.2 and jailbreaking with redsn0w/blackra1n plus having an old bootrom 3GS

Hi, I have an iPod Touch 2nd gen MC model, never jailbroken. Is there any way for me to jailbreak it? Is it possible for me to downgrade the firmware to 3.1.2, jailbreak that, save SHSH blobs, then upgrade and jailbreak that? By the way, I have a macbook so i can't use Sn0wbreeze.
    Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by xquartz View Post
    Hi, I have an iPod Touch 2nd gen MC model, never jailbroken. Is there any way for me to jailbreak it? Is it possible for me to downgrade the firmware to 3.1.2, jailbreak that, save SHSH blobs, then upgrade and jailbreak that? By the way, I have a macbook so i can't use Sn0wbreeze.
    Thanks in advance
    shsh blobs are made by apple ONLY for the latest firmware. right now you can only make ios 4.0 shsh blobs.