Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can I get my jailbreak back?

Default Can I get my jailbreak back?
    Hey guys. I have an iPhone 3GS currently running 4.0 with no jailbreak. I was running 3.1.2 and jailbroke it with Blackra1n. It worked fine. The other day I tried jailbreaking 4.0 with sn0wbreeze 1.6.1. During the restore, I kept getting an error 2 message. I tried restoring to 3.1.2 and that kept throwing an error message. I had no choice but to just go ahead and restore to 4.0 since I needed my phone to work.

This morning I saw that Sn0wbreeze 1.6.2 was out and addressed the error 2 message. I tried again to jailbreak. Got a different error message. I then went and tried the downgrade to 3.1.2 by modifying the host file and I thought it was working for a while and then it threw an error message as well.

So now I'm back to running 4.0 again with no jailbreak. I don't know what to do at this point. If anyone can help me out I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What errors are you getting?
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

I was getting different errors for each attempt. I can't remember exactly what they were but I want to say one of them was error 16xx. With snowbreeze 1.6.2 the error 2 went away but it started giving me a different error. I couldn't keep track anymore.