Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: am i forced to upgrade to 4.0???

Default am i forced to upgrade to 4.0???
    i have a 3gs 32gb with 3.1.3 spirit jailbroken and ultrasn0w unlocked. it has the old bootrom. it is currently locked in recovery mode and i tried downloading the 3.1.3 firmware and doing shift restore but it wont restore it comes with error messages. is there anything i can do to get it to 3.1.3 and working without updating to 4.0???

Thanks

Unless you have your SHSH files stored, your only option is stock 4.0

or better if its still in recovery mode then u hold both the buttons again until the apple logo appears and ur back to the active mode (or whatever u call it)

I tried update and restore but it still comes up this device is not eligible for the requested build

Thanks

Your tried to go to 4.0? If you don't have your files stored, this is your only option.

yes i hit update and restore and it still says not eligible for requested build

could be because i have spirit jailbreak and itunes 9.2?
    Last edited by xtreme.soundz; 2010-07-01 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If you upgrade to iTunes 9.2 you need to use a modified spirit to run a fresh jailbreak. However, if you where previously JB using Spirit with iTunes 9.1 or such. This won't be the glitch. What exactly happened that lead up to you being stuck in recovery mode?

i had to put it in recovery mode by plugging it in while holding the home button, to do the snowbreeze custom 4.0 firmware

Now when i try to update to 4.0 i get an error 13

Never mind i got it back to where it was with 3.1.3 by unpluging it while it was trying to restore
    Last edited by xtreme.soundz; 2010-07-01 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme.soundz View Post
    i have a 3gs 32gb with 3.1.3 spirit jailbroken and ultrasn0w unlocked. it has the old bootrom. it is currently locked in recovery mode and i tried downloading the 3.1.3 firmware and doing shift restore but it wont restore it comes with error messages. is there anything i can do to get it to 3.1.3 and working without updating to 4.0???
    You can use the new released Sn0wBreeze 1.6.2 to upgrade from Spirit'd device on 3.1.3!
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!