Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Any word on iPhone 4?

Default Any word on iPhone 4?
    I KNOW THERE IS NO JAILBREAK FOR IPHONE 4 RIGHT NOW

Now that that's out of the way.

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything from the devs about what's going on with the iPhone 4 right now. (And yes, I've been following ALL the known news up to this point.) I'm not asking ETAs or any specifics, just a general idea of what's being worked on right now. Basically the only venue of information I've been able to find at this point is following the individual Twitter accounts of all the active devs and piecing together all the individual tweets to try and get a vague idea of what's going on ...

At first, it seemed like they were all talking about a userland jailbreak, but now it seems like they're all shitting bricks over the bootrom. This is just speculation on my part, but does it sound like the userland jailbreak is going to be abandoned altogether? While the dev team working hard on a bootrom exploit is good for everyone in the long run, the altogether abandonment of the userland release would mean that we'd have to wait longer for an initial jailbreak. It also wouldn't exactly make sense to abandon the userland release because that is an exploit they already have, and nothing entirely new to Apple, whereas the bootrom has simply just now been extracted. If Apple patches the userland exploit, a bootrom exploit should already be ready or just around the corner by then.

The only glimmer of hope for a quick bootrom JB release is for geohot to share his bootrom exploit (dubbed limera1n) with the dev-team to see if it works with the iPhone 4 bootrom, but I have a feeling he'll be less than cooperative on this matter, seeing as how he has no plans to even release it himself any time soon.

Of course, this is all just speculation on my part. I may be wrong and the userland JB is still quietly being worked on behind closed doors. But from following the tweets of the devs, all the recent chatter has been all about the bootrom and talk of the userland JB has pretty much fallen to zero. =/

I was just wondering if anyone involved in this community or close to the dev-team has overheard any tidbits they'd like to share.

I realize that his is only week one, and that these things take time ... but the vague-news-that's-not-really-news we've been getting for the past several days is killing me. When we first got news of the userland exploit, it sounded very promising, but ever since the bootrom got extracted, I feel so in the dark about what's going on.

Stressed out are we? Lol.

Just a little, lol.

The 4 was the first one I purchased brand new on launch, and using it vanilla for the past week has made me realize how much I take jailbreaking for granted. ._.

Thanks

Only news is what they post on their twitters. No one know any inside info

Last edited by z3r01; 2010-07-01 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

AS WITH EVERY RELEASE OF EVERY JAILBREAK, has never changed and never will.