Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JailBreak iphone 3gs newbootrom

Default JailBreak iphone 3gs newbootrom
    Hello everyone

Does anyone know when GeoHot will realese the jailbreak for 3.1.3 3gs bewbootrom?

Thanks

geohot is MIA. but some1 else will release one. can be today, 2morro, 1 months time.

so the answer to ur question is "i dont know"

Spirit* works fine with 3.1.3 on a 3GS with new bootrom

*If running spirit in Vista/Win7, be sure to set the compatability mode for the exe to Windows 98, then run and bingo

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

There's already a jailbreak for that and Geohot isn't even working on the iPhone. Well, at least you searched before asking ...
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

i have been searching dhamien,but my iphone is on the emergency call,i cant activate it

Thank you for helping me Mr dhamien,i know doing serching even better than you and geohot is working on a jailbreak tool that call "pwnd4life" for all idevices.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by charbel20 View Post
    i have been searching dhamien,but my iphone is on the emergency call,i cant activate it

Thank you for helping me Mr dhamien,i know doing serching even better than you and geohot is working on a jailbreak tool that call "pwnd4life" for all idevices.
    I have not heard of this 'pwnd4life'. Where did you read about this? According to his twitter, he's not working on anything iPhone related.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Pwned4Life was unveiled by GeoHot at a hacking conference in Paris. It basically works by using an exploit in the bootrom that cannot be 'patched' in a firmware update meaning that regardless of the FW running on the iBoot the exploit is still active.

Anyways back to the question at hand, no JB for you unless you can borrow/buy an official sim for activation purposes, then JB with spirit.

Thanks

Pwned4Life Exploit Jailbreaks And Unlocks iPhone 4 For Life

But on Twitter he says that he is not working on anything for the iphone.... who knows

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Simtech View Post
    Pwned4Life Exploit Jailbreaks And Unlocks iPhone 4 For Life

But on Twitter he says that he is not working on anything for the iphone.... who knows
    Thanks, hadn't read about that. Is this the same as the case about the 3G phone always being jailbreakable? Or is it something even 'deeper'?