Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can you still restore 3gs to 3.1.3???

Default Can you still restore 3gs to 3.1.3???
    Hey I have friends 3gs phone that I am trying to help him on and he is on 3.1.2 and I I donít think he back up is 3.1.2 on file so can I upgrade it and Restore to 3.1.3?? Can you still do this or did apple sign off on it yet??? And he has old boot loader

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

i think you can do itm, but i think it upgrades the baseband. idk i dont have a fone but im pretty sure you can i fyou just get the firmare. or just downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores

Yeah god i hope so because it's his only phone and he is on T-mobile so please if anyone still has anymore info please let me know because he need his phone on again

Or can i just upgrade it to 4.0 and jailbreak it even if he did not back up his 3.1.2 on file?
    Last edited by Shalom96; 2010-07-01 at 02:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

if it is jailbroken (by redsn0w or blackra1n) then you can restore any firmware you want (3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 4.0) using custom firmwares since you have the old bootrom (you said bootloader but it is the bootrom that determines if you can use custom firmware or not) download this to see which you have iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones