Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck on Apple logo/reboot loop, can't get into recovery mode

Exclamation Stuck on Apple logo/reboot loop, can't get into recovery mode
    Pretty sure I made a fatal mistake. The phone is a 3GS on 3.1.2, blackra1n and sn0wed. I had trouble connecting to Wifi, after 5 hard reboots without any change, I reset network settings. I didn't realize how big of a mistake that was until after I did it.

At this point I can't get the phone to go into recovery mode. It just sits on the Apple logo and reboots every few minutes. When it's connected to the PC, Windows doesn't recognize it.

I've been searching for the last hour but anyone with a similiar problem was still able to get Windows to recognize the phone. So where do I begin?

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

go into DFU mode. then connect it to the pc.

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores

Just to follow up on this for anyone that has a similar issue, everything is back to normal. I was able to get it into DFU mode and restore it from there with a fresh install of 3.1.2 followed by blackra1n. I had never attempted DFU mode and all the guides I read said to hold the buttons for 10 seconds. That wouldn't work for me. I timed it to 7 seconds and it went into DFU perfectly every time.