Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help!! Erased all my iPhone 3GS data and It won't boot back up - Urgent

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help!! Erased all my iPhone 3GS data and It won't boot back up - Urgent
    Hi all,

So I sold this phone and prior to shipping it, I decided to erase all data right? The big problem here is, this iPhone was jailbroken by spirit! (3.1.3 - old bootrom - SHSH saved for only 3.1.3 not earlier).

So here is my delimma! I can't restore, because it'll restore the phone on iOS 4 and being that it had a spirit jailbreak before, i won't be able to jailbreak it on iOS 4. (I sold the phone as being jailbroken and unlocked - already received payment for it)! Please help! I need to ship this phone tomorrow

Would restoring it in recovery mode to the legit 3.1.3 and then jailbreaking it with Spirit work? (I have iTunes 9.2) I don't want to try anything until i get an opinion from someone who knows what he's doing (i don't wanna make it worse...please help!)
    Last edited by Ronnitude; 2010-07-01 at 12:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Why can't you restore to 3.1.3 and re-jailbreak with Spirit?

Sorry, didn't see the last part and can't edit on my phone.

All you have to do is restore 3.1.3. Since you have the SHSH for it there should be no problems. Then just jailbreak with Spirit and unlock with ultrasn0w.
    Last edited by ocojaa; 2010-07-01 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Doesn't iTunes 9.2 conflicts with that or something? I heard that 9.2 doesn't work with spirit jailbroken phones?

All I know about Spirit and 9.2 is what I've read as I've never had to use Spirit.

So if it does cause conflict, just install an older version of iTunes.

You can get most, if not all iTunes from here: Download iTunes - Old Version.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ocojaa For This Useful Post:

Ronnitude (2010-07-01)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ocojaa View Post
    Why can't you restore to 3.1.3 and re-jailbreak with Spirit?

Sorry, didn't see the last part and can't edit on my phone.

All you have to do is restore 3.1.3. Since you have the SHSH for it there should be no problems. Then just jailbreak with Spirit and unlock with ultrasn0w.
    Nevermind, I restored it to 3.1.3 and it worked! I guess I was over thinking this! Thanks
    Last edited by Ronnitude; 2010-07-01 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost