Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Issues with iOS4.0 jailbreak

Default Issues with iOS4.0 jailbreak
    Hi guys,

I have jailbroken my 3g on iOS 4.0 but when i load my theme that i had on my phone when it was running 3.1.3 the lock screen i made doesnt load, also vwallpaper, cycorder and a few others dont work.

Anyone know of a fix for this? or could anyone give me a step by step guide for downgrading back to 3.1.3 so i can go back to the happy old days of having my phone the way i wanted it

if its a app that you previously had you will have to wait for an update for it to work proply on ios4. is you shsh saved onto cydia?
    you can find this out by running cydia and it will tell you at the top.
    "this device has shshs on file for 0s xxx xxx if so you can downgrade. just type iphone downgrade on google.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to wibbo80 For This Useful Post:

gillard01 (2010-07-01)

I have tried to downgrade but get the error 1015 and then the phone is stuck on the plug in to itunes screen. i have tried to run quickpwn to get it out of recovery and when i run the program it says its stopped working. I have .net 2.0 and all my updates are upto date. any ideas

Thanks

the 1015 error is from the updated baseband from 4.0, to get quickpwn to work use this guide...by the way your device doesn't use shsh's, those are for the 3gs not the 3g...

Extract Quickpwn (free extractor) BUT DO NOT RUN IT. This is where it can get a bit tricky, so pay attention.

Navigate to:

32-bit windows: C: \Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support

64-bit windows: C: \Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support

You should no see a whole lot of files and folders...good! Now right click and create a new folder called 'bin' (yes no caps, just bin). Drag everything you see in the \Mobile Device Support folder into the bin folder. You should now only have a 'bin' folder in \Mobile Device Support folder. Good! This was done so quickpwn can work with the latest iTunes versions (9+).

4. Run quickpwn. After opening quickpwn, you get a box on your computer screen saying something like 'your phone needs to be powered on, please hold the home button and sleep\wake button for 15 seconds'. Just do what the box says says- EXACTLY. When you see the apple logo on your phone, close quickpwn.*

*****CLOSE QUICKPWN, IT IS NOT USED TO JAILBREAK.*****

5. Your phone should now boot normally.

6. This step is extremely important if you don't want to re-install iTunes! Remember that bin folder we made? yeah... iTunes wont work right until you undo what we did. So cut everything in the 'bin' folder you put in earlier, place everything back into the \Mobile Device Support folder (where the bin folder is). After everything is back, DELETE the empty bin folder**. Itunes is not happy until the 'bin' gone too! You should now have everything back in the \Mobile Device Support folder and there should be NO bin folder.

** You may need to open task manager [ctrl + alt + del] and end some/all Apple Processes to be able to delete the 'bin' folder. If you do end these processes, restart your computer after deleting the bin folder in order restart them (so your iphone will be able to sync with iTunes etc).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

gillard01 (2010-07-01)

thanks for the help, i have done everything exactly that you said but when i run quickpwn it still says that its stopped working. can you recommend a download of quickpwn i can try?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

gillard01 (2010-07-01)

also before it does that it comes up with an error message saying "this application has failed to start because ASL.dll was not found.

ok did that and now its just showing swipe for emergency

DONE! YOU ARE A TOTAL LEGEND MATE! If you were a woman i'd ask you to marry me! lol Thanks a lot mate, this has been doing my head in for 2 days now!
    Last edited by gillard01; 2010-07-01 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

let itunes activate it and you will be good to go

nevermind, you posted while i was typing, glad it worked for you

12. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

gillard01 (2010-07-01)

really appreciated mate! you dont know how much my nrain has been pickled the last few days lol