Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 [New Bootrom] [SSH on file] Need to Back up, Restore, and Re Jailbreak

Unhappy iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 [New Bootrom] [SSH on file] Need to Back up, Restore, and Re Jailbreak
    I have an iPhone 3GS
    • FW 3.1.2
    • New Bootrom
    • Jailbreak with Blackra1n
    • Not unlocked

I recently updated some cydia apps. Ever since that moment, it keeps freezing randomly. Open up a text or an app, and it freezes. Never had a problem before. Every time it freezes, I open up BlackRa1n again. It'll get it going again, but it's not worth it because it'll only last another 30 minutes before it freezes again. It'll last all day if I don't do anything. I probably need to restore the firmware and rejailbreak. Yes I have SHSH on file. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with it, but I know I selected it.

How can I restore (reformat?) and keep everything? I'm currently backing up with iTunes...

Can someone point me in the right direction? Or just post here? Thanks!
    Last edited by Calimalim; 2010-06-30 at 06:45 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well it's SHSH not open ssh, two different things, but never mind.

Firstly, boot into cydia and see what SHSH you have on file (it displays at the top in green). Then download the firmware that matchs that. Point you hosts file to saurik (Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)) and then shift click restore in itunes. Voila.

If cydia does not display SHSH saved for, DO NOT restore, you could find you do not have SHSH on file and are stuck in iOS4.0 with no jailbreak.

Quote Originally Posted by Will01 View Post
    Well it's SHSH not open ssh, two different things, but never mind.

Firstly, boot into cydia and see what SHSH you have on file (it displays at the top in green). Then download the firmware that matchs that. Point you hosts file to saurik (Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)) and then shift click restore in itunes. Voila.

If cydia does not display SHSH saved for, DO NOT restore, you could find you do not have SHSH on file and are stuck in iOS4.0 with no jailbreak.
    Will01 Thank you. I was not thinking. But I'm glad you know what I'm talking about. I have SHSHs 3.1.2 and 3.1.3 in green. Also, you didn't mention anything about all my apps and files. How do I prevent losing them upon restore?

In order to restore, first you have to edit your 'hosts' file, and forward iTunes to Saurik Server-more details in the link given above-. Apps installed by itunes will be back once synced again after restore. Cydia apps won't, unless you backup the debs manually (Or use a tool to back 'em up), but in your case, I think you should not, since cydia apps was your major cause of the problem.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!