Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Unlock Problem

Default Unlock Problem
    I have recently tried to Jailbreak my 3gs 3.12 with Pwnage 4.01, but i am getting a message that i have to insert a valid sim card to complete. The phone will not come out of this and of course the only way i can unlock the phone is to go into Cydia but it will not let me.The sim card i have is not valid hence why i need to unlock. Have i done something wrong, the procedure was followed. PLEASE HELP!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

You most likely have the new boot chip which cannot currently be jailbroken. If your serial number has MC in it then Thats definitely the problem.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Go Gators, the MC/MB rule only applies to ipt's not Iphones.

Thanks Guy's.
    I have just foound out that the phone is MC147c/A.

Is this the reason??????

Thanks

Possibly not, the problem is activation. I dont think 3G[S] can currently be hactivated (someone correct me if im wrong), so what you'll need to do is borrow or buy a valid sim to allow you to activate the phone. JB 3.1.2 with Blackrain, Reboot the phone, if you need to connect to PC to get it to boot your on new bootrom and you may want to stay on 3.1.2 (or restore to 3.1.3 and JB with spirit for untethered). If your untethered on Blackrain then your on old bootrom and are fine to upgrade with Pwned 4.0.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Will01 For This Useful Post:

George Elias (2010-06-30)

The problem i have is the phone is from Canada and i live in Cyprus (in the med), getting a card is impossible. Without the card is the phone fixable???

Thanks

Possibly not, if the phone is from canada can you not ebay a Roger's SIM (the iphone carrier in canada) amd get it shipped internationally? I appreciate it's probably expensive but it may be less expension than buying a new factory unlocked phone?

I think the problem was that you updated to iOS 4 using your Cyprus SIM card. So after iOS4 was installed, your phone went back to being locked to Rogers (or whatever Canadian carrier you bought it from). I bought my iPhone in Canada from Rogers too but I live in India, so when I updated to iOS 4, I installed the Rogers SIM card and then jailbroke/unlocked it.

Ebaying a Rogers SIM card seems to be your best option.