Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iPhone 3GS iOS 4.0 Jailbreakable?

  1. #1
    Default iPhone 3GS iOS 4.0 Jailbreakable?
    Hi, I have an iPhone 3GS (old bootrom) and I updated it to iOS 4.0. It has never been jailbroken and I was looking to jailbreak and unlock it. I was wondering if there is a jailbreak out yet for it or if there isn't, when it will be released and how do you know when it will be released.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    3gs old bootrom is jailbreakable in ios4. you have to use pwnage tool for ios4 and make a custom firmware and flash phone with it.

  3. #3
    Just to clarify, if the 3GS is never jail broken, running iOS 4.0, and it has old boot rom, I have to use pwnage tool, and NOT Sn0wBreeze 1.61???
    Last edited by Zythyr; 2010-06-30 at 07:19 AM.

  4. #4
    Retired Moderator j3st3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,447
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 405 Times in 395 Posts

    if it has never been jailbroken and it's on 4.0 (even with the old bootrom) then you can not jailbreak it at this time

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    if it has never been jailbroken and it's on 4.0 (even with the old bootrom) then you can not jailbreak it at this time
    I am so confused. dying4004 in this thread, said I can use pwnage tool if 3gs (never jailbroken) has old boot room and on iOS 4.0. But you say I can't jailbreak?

  6. #6
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    649
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 81 Times in 75 Posts

    dying was wrong unfortunately buddy. He must have his facts mixed up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Will01 View Post
    dying was wrong unfortunately buddy. He must have his facts mixed up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

    ^ this is true, sorry you must previously be jailbroken on a 3.x firmware in order to flash your iphone with a custom firmware (meaning a prejailbroken 4.0 made with sn0wbreeze or pwnagetool. you will have to wait for somebody to release a JB for ios4.0. in the meantime, if apple comes out with an ios update, dont update right away if you still want a JB

  8. #8
    ok perfect..does anybody know when the jailbreak will be released?

  9. #9
    iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 26 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nusrat View Post
    ok perfect..does anybody know when the jailbreak will be released?
    Spirit is working on it, but there's no release date.

  10. #10
    Just to clarify, in order to update to iOS 4.0, you need to have 3.x running on the 3gs, and it must be jailbroken, then only you will be able to update 4.0 and jailbreak it using a custom ipsw file build from snowbreeze or pwnage tool?

    If the 3gs is already updated to iOS 4.0, then it is not possible to jailbreak and unlock at this time?

  11. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    649
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 81 Times in 75 Posts

    If it is already iOS4 without SHSH saved then it's impossible to JB currently.

  12. #12
    My question is, can i jailbreak IOS 4 using Sn0wbreeze 1.6.1 if i get this message in f0recast 1.1
    Iphone 3gS
    Serial Number : 82943t3w3np
    Baseband : 5.11.07
    Bootloader: 6.4
    Model: MB715
    Jailbrealble? : Yes
    Unlocked? : Yes (Used BlackSn0w)
    Tethered? : Maybe – Depends if refurbished
    Last edited by zZDimonZz; 2010-07-02 at 05:35 AM.

  13. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    649
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 81 Times in 75 Posts

    I think you are possibly on new bootrom so no! However, double check it, download iDetector from iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and it will tell you for sure.

  14. #14
    I just read this, Download Sn0wbreeze v1.6.2: Fixes YouTube, iBooks And iTunes Restore Errors on Jailbroken iOS 4 | iPhoneHeat

    Does this mean now with snowbreeze 1.6.2, I can jailbreak 3gs running 4.0?

  15. #15
    Sheesh - is there a map or a decision tree online on this topic? Confusing, especially with all the lingo...

    I've got a 3GS with 3.1.3 and 05.12.01 on it (I'm assuming those are the numbers people need), but I didn't think it could be unlocked. Seems like it can be jailbroken. I'll be selling it as well as my wife's jailbroken/unlocked 3G, so if anyone can point out a "Dummies Guide", I'd appreciate it...

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by nc3g View Post
    Sheesh - is there a map or a decision tree online on this topic? Confusing, especially with all the lingo...

    I've got a 3GS with 3.1.3 and 05.12.01 on it (I'm assuming those are the numbers people need), but I didn't think it could be unlocked. Seems like it can be jailbroken. I'll be selling it as well as my wife's jailbroken/unlocked 3G, so if anyone can point out a "Dummies Guide", I'd appreciate it...
    ya jailbreak it with redsn0w and ultrasn0w to unlock from cydia

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Will01 View Post
    I think you are possibly on new bootrom so no! However, double check it, download iDetector from iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and it will tell you for sure.
    iDetector told me that i have an old bootrom!
    so who should i believe to?

  18. #18
    Retired Moderator j3st3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,447
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 405 Times in 395 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by dwade2350 View Post
    ya jailbreak it with redsn0w and ultrasn0w to unlock from cydia
    redsn0w will not jailbreak a 3GS on 3.1.3, Spirit is the only jailbreak available for a 3GS already on 3.1.3

    Quote Originally Posted by zZDimonZz View Post
    iDetector told me that i have an old bootrom!
    so who should i believe to?
    if you do indeed have the old bootrom and are jailbroken with either redsn0w or blackra1n then yes you can create a custom 4.0 with sn0wbreeze and restore to that and be jailbroken
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-07-02 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post

    if you do indeed have the old bootrom and are jailbroken with either redsn0w or blackra1n then yes you can create a custom 4.0 with sn0wbreeze and restore to that and be jailbroken
    even if the phone has never been jailbroken before?

  20. #20
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    N. Ireland
    Posts
    649
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 81 Times in 75 Posts

    No he said, IF your jailbroken with sn0w or rain, not non-jailbroken.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Will01 For This Useful Post:

    hansenc (2010-07-02)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •