Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Jailbreak for OS 4.0 for a jailbroken 3Gs 3.13?

  1. #1
    Default Jailbreak for OS 4.0 for a jailbroken 3Gs 3.13?
    Has anybody jailbroken OS4.0? Any way to update my 3Gs 3.13 that is jailbroken with Sn0w?

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator j3st3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,447
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 405 Times in 395 Posts

    jailbroken with sn0wbreeze or Spirit, if jailbroken with spirit then as of now there is no jailbreak available for you on 4.0, if jailbroken with sn0wbreeze then update to version 1.6 I believe it is and create a custom 4.0 and shift+restore to that and you should be good to go

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckers View Post
    Has anybody jailbroken OS4.0? Any way to update my 3Gs 3.13 that is jailbroken with Sn0w?

    -All the next depends on you're current JailBreak, if you mean Sn0wBreeze (Or also PwnageTools) Then, Use a Custom 4.0 and restore to it. If you want to make your own, use Sn0wBreeze 1.6.1 from iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones For WINDOWS, or PwnageTools for MAC. And you're good to go.

    -Else, wait for new JB Tool.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  4. #4
    My iphone 3GS is running snowbreeze cooked 3.1.3 and baseband 5.11 and working fine, since snowbreeze released version 1.6.1 for iOS4 and I'm interesting in multi-tasking feature and I decided to jailbreak with new snowbreeze and iOs4 last night, unfortunatly I got error(2) from iTune, I did homework from google and un-install iTune and re-install it but still without success, please anyone out there read my post and share your advise, thanks in advance.

    Best regard,

  5. #5
    First you should do these steps:
    1) Update to the latest iTunes version
    2) Make sure iTunes can access the internet (No firewall block etc.)
    3) Restart you computer
    4) try another USB Port.

    If not done, I would suggest you try a Custom 4.0, made be PwnageTools.
    Last edited by drmias; 2010-06-30 at 07:53 PM.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  6. #6
    Did all that and still hopeless, unfortunatly I'm not Mac user, thanks for all helps and great peoples out there.

  7. #7
    Well, first, you can google 'Custom 4.0 3GS PwnageTool' also I'd suggest you do the 4 steps again, most probably it's the internet connectivity.

    hope could help.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  8. #8
    I think your problem is your on the 5.11 bootrom I've been reading you can only jb the old bootrom on ios4 at this time

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by dotcom View Post
    I think your problem is your on the 5.11 bootrom I've been reading you can only jb the old bootrom on ios4 at this time
    Thanks for 'panicing' the community
    well, 5.11.07 is the BASEBAND -Modem Version- (Stock baseband of 3.1.2 Firmware) and NOT the BOOTROM if so, the BOOTROM is a hardware based chip which could be 359.3 (OLD) or 359.3.2 (NEW).
    But anyway, the last part is right, only OLD Bootrom can currently be JailBroken on iOS 4.0 though.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  10. #10
    Retired Moderator j3st3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    2,447
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 405 Times in 395 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by BigToes View Post
    My iphone 3GS is running snowbreeze cooked 3.1.3 and baseband 5.11 and working fine, since snowbreeze released version 1.6.1 for iOS4 and I'm interesting in multi-tasking feature and I decided to jailbreak with new snowbreeze and iOs4 last night, unfortunatly I got error(2) from iTune, I did homework from google and un-install iTune and re-install it but still without success, please anyone out there read my post and share your advise, thanks in advance.

    Best regard,
    ih8sn0w has updated sno0wbreeze to fix the itunes error 2

  11. #11
    Download latest Sn0wBreeze 1.6.2 from iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones
    as stated above, it'll fix error 2 and other bugs.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  12. #12
    I have 3 dumb questions.

    First are the pawnage custom 4.0 builds the production version of the OS, or a beta?

    Is iOS4, just the name for the production version of the new OS?

    My 3.13 3Gs is jailbroken with sn0wbreeze. Do I have to worry about whether i have the right boot rom ?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckers View Post
    I have 3 dumb questions.

    First are the pawnage custom 4.0 builds the production version of the OS, or a beta?

    Is iOS4, just the name for the production version of the new OS?

    My 3.13 3Gs is jailbroken with sn0wbreeze. Do I have to worry about whether i have the right boot rom ?
    1) you can use PwnageTools or Sn0wBreeze to build a custom JailBroken FINAL 4.0 version.
    2) iOS is the name of the previous iPhoneOS
    3) lucky you, you've got the old bootrom - the one compatible with the current JB tools.
    Press Thanks! If Its Worth It!

  14. #14
    So I was able to use sn0wbreeze to upgrade my iPhone to OS 4.0. I was getting an error from iTunes saying that it did not recognize my phone. But a hard reset of my iPhone fixed this.

    I am noticing that the battery life of my iPhone has decreased. I am trying to keep apps out of the app switching panel to help this.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •