Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How was my iPhone Jailbroken?!?

Default How was my iPhone Jailbroken?!?
    I just bought a new iPhone 3GS from eBay and it was already Jailbroken but not unlocked on the firmware 3.1.3.

With the release of the new ultrasnow tool for the new basebands, i managed to unlock my iPhone(5.12.01) to work for my carrier.

Recently i thought maybe i'll upgrade to iOS4 when the tools will be out but i asked myself the question how to restore/rejailbreak my iPhone to 3.1.3 just to have a clean start.

But after ALOT of searches I did not managed to find a guide/tool to restore and jailbreak an iPhone 3GS with the NEW BOOTROM on 3.1.3

I used the app for windows iDetector by iH8sn0w and it told me my iPhone had the new BootRom.

The application f0recast by iH8sn0w is saying it is jailbreakable if my shsh has been saved (it is for os 3.1.3)

Model Number: MB715
    Serial Number: ***11MD****
    Baseband: 05.12.01
    BootLoader: 6.4

So to conclude, do I really have the new bootrom? Will I be able to restore/rejailbreak it to 3.1.3, and if I can how?

I really hope you guys can help me because i'm pretty confused right now

If you're jailbroken on 3.1.3 I'm 99% confident it was a Spirit jailbreak. That is the only current tool that jailbreaks 3.1.3 on a 3GS.

If iDetector told you it's the new bootrom, then it probably is. So you aren't eligible to go to iOS 4.0 right now anyway so this whole thing is moot. Your only option is to wait until the next exploit is released, which should be sometime in the near future.

Here is a tutorial to show you how to see your actual bootrom version number in windows:
    http://modmyi.com/forums/general/704...-have-3gs.html
    Last edited by ct0wn; 2010-06-30 at 02:16 AM. Reason: added link

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ct0wn For This Useful Post:

hypertripo (2010-06-30)

Quote Originally Posted by ct0wn View Post
    If you're jailbroken on 3.1.3 I'm 99% confident it was a Spirit jailbreak. That is the only current tool that jailbreaks 3.1.3 on a 3GS.

If iDetector told you it's the new bootrom, then it probably is. So you aren't eligible to go to iOS 4.0 right now anyway so this whole thing is moot. Your only option is to wait until the next exploit is released, which should be sometime in the near future.
    Ok thanks alot that explains pretty much what i was asking myself.

Oh and sorry I missed your other question about restoring with a fresh 3.1.3 - the cutoff window for Apple signing the 3.1.3 firmware has now ended, so unless you (or the previous owner of your phone) clicked the "Make my life easier" button in Cydia there is no way to restore to 3.1.3. If you or the previous owner did click that link in Cydia then you will be able to restore to 3.1.3 but it won't be a walk in the park. There are plenty of tutorials out there and help in the forum though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ct0wn For This Useful Post:

hypertripo (2010-06-30)

Quote Originally Posted by ct0wn View Post
    Oh and sorry I missed your other question about restoring with a fresh 3.1.3 - the cutoff window for Apple signing the 3.1.3 firmware has now ended, so unless you (or the previous owner of your phone) clicked the "Make my life easier" button in Cydia there is no way to restore to 3.1.3. If you or the previous owner did click that link in Cydia then you will be able to restore to 3.1.3 but it won't be a walk in the park. There are plenty of tutorials out there and help in the forum though.
    Yeah the previous owner saved the shsh in cydia so I will be able to restore. I just read some tutorials on how to point itunes to the cydia servers instead of apple's signature servers.