Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS Jailbreak/Unlock Confusion

Default 3GS Jailbreak/Unlock Confusion
    I am confused about jail breaking/unlocking 3GS iPhones with the new boot room.

If the 3GS has the new boot room, it cannot be jailbroken/unlocked at all right? Or there is a way?

I read about the Sprit jailbreak, but I am really confused about if it is possible to jailbrake 3GS with new boot rom.

Can someone please clarify?

The quide pretty clearly states that it's for old bootrom also.... I keep scouring the forums looking for someone that has sucessfully JB'd their 3gs that's on the new bootrom but haven't found it.... to make matters even more confusing for me anyway, the bootrom numbers that my phone shows are totally different fro what everybody else is talking about.... mine says 6.4.....

Since the new boo trom is not jail breakable, then why does this site: iPhone & iTouch Jailbreak / Unlock Matrix | jailbreakmatrix.com state it is jailbreakable?

Is there anyway to unlock a 3GS without having to jailbreak it?

Thanks

yes spirit will jailbreak an new bootrom 3gs on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, once you are jailbroken install ultrasn0w from cydia to unlock, super simple

@mj0470

6.4 is the bootloader not the bootrom, they are different things, old bootrom is 359.3 new is 359.3.2, use this to find out if you have the old/new bootrom iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-06-30 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost