Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help. Upgraded to iOS4.0

iPhone? More like MyPhone l-awstraljan's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Need help. Upgraded to iOS4.0
    Hey guys. I was currently on 3.1.2 (7D11) JB + Unlock on my 3GS, baseband 05.11.07 and went into DFU mode like forums said to to see my iboot. I couldnt get the hell out of Recovery mode so I upgraded to iOS4.0 by iTunes.

What can I do to get back to 3.1.2 JB + Unlock?

if you have your shsh stored in cydia then follow saurik downgrade instructions.
    Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

then blackra1n to jb.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cold4ire View Post
    if you have your shsh stored in cydia then follow saurik downgrade instructions.
    Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

then blackra1n to jb.
    I dont know if I have SHSH in Cydia. If I dont, what then?

At the moment my phone is on 4.0 with the recovery screen (sync cable & itunes logo on screen) what do I do?

And also says in iTunes i need a sim card that's a supported carrier to activate. can I at least get the phone to a state that i can use the phone, JB or not?
    Last edited by l-awstraljan; 2010-06-29 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

No, you will nees to downgrade in order to unlock... Or, if u wish to use iOS4, down grade, jailbreak with blackra1n, then make a custom ipsw, with snowbreeze or redsn0w orwatever, that will hacktivate your phone. You can then unlock from there with ultrasn0w... Hope this helps mate

Thanks

Ok. I know that is cydia it did say something about SHSH on 3.1.3 but dont know what it means. How do I downgrade? These tutorials on the site are messy and hard to follow!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You would need SHSH for 3.1.2, 3.1.3 cannot be JB by anything other than spirit and that form of JB is not supported for CFW.

Thanks

What? I understood nothing you just said. I was on 3.1.2 so how could Cydia backed 3.1.3 up? Anyway. Can you help me or not? Im stuck on 4.0, and sim not supported. IS THERE ANYWAY to downgrade & jailbreak & unlock, or at least get my phone to get passed the silly sim not supported?

Thanks

Well you can get past the sim problem by putting a valid sim in for activation purposes only (borrow one, ebay one etc).

If you want to be JB + Unlocked on iOS4 you need to downgrade to 3.1.2 (you said in the previous post that cydia said SHSH for 3.1.3 - nothing about 3.1.2), JB that with blackrain, redsnow, snowbreeze pwnage or whatever.

Then upgrade to a cooked iOS4.

Thanks

Ok, never mind i got it into recovery mode. SO i cant jailbreak 3.1.3? Why the hell would Saurik save shsh on 3.1.3 if i had 3.1.2. There isnt a way to jailbreak 3.1.3 + unlock?

Why is the ispw file i keep downloading becoming a .zip file FFS?!
    Last edited by l-awstraljan; 2010-06-29 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

#1 download the ipsw file with Firefox.
    #2 You can downgrade to 3.1.3. and jailbreak with Spirit and unlock with ultrasn0w.
    #3 Saurik can only sign firmwares that Apple is signing (only the current/latest), Even if you are on 3.1.2, if 3.1.3 is the current firmware that is being signed, that is the one that gets signed. Caching Apple's Signature Server - Jay Freeman (saurik)

Thanks

ok. thanks. now help me with this.

I added 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com to hosts file

put iphone on recovery mode, pressed shift + restore and chose the 3.1.3 file.

now what? the rest of the tutorial from saurik is aweful for me!

Right... There is a workaround if you have to jailbreak with spirit... Its not widely known, but it does work. Ive used it on my girlfriends iphone... From iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 Spirit Jailbreak to iOS4 Sn0wbreeze | Life in 0 and 1

Thanks

ukhellfire : i tried that, but didnt work! everything went well up until i had to restart to iphone! what went wrong?

i put all in the bin folder, but once i ran quickpwn, i get stuck. i dont get what i need to do EXACTLY (as the site says i should do)... ?

http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-tutorial.html was talking about this site

i've downgraded to 3.1.3 but now what? Im still in recovery mode coz i dont got a sim. i need to jb & activate now!
    Last edited by l-awstraljan; 2010-06-29 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ukhellfire View Post
    Right... There is a workaround if you have to jailbreak with spirit... Its not widely known, but it does work. Ive used it on my girlfriends iphone... From iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 Spirit Jailbreak to iOS4 Sn0wbreeze | Life in 0 and 1
    I had not seen that guide but am interested to find out if it works, anyone else tried this:

Code:
    WARNING: NO warranty is provided with this guide. Follow at your own risk. 

A lot of info that iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 with Modem Firmware 05.12.01 can only be jailbroken using spirit jailbreak and no way to upgrade to iOS4. Here’s a full unlock of iOS4 when you’re stuck at 3.1.3 spirit jailbreak.

Restore to default with 3.1.3 and JB using spirit
    (if can’t activate, then you can try without restore) 
    Use Cydia to install the following packages: afc2add, openSSH, MobileTerminal 
    Download Spirit2Pwn and extract 
    Get sn0wbreeze 1.5.2 
    Get 3.1.3 ipsw and 4.0 ipsw 
    Create a 3.1.3 Customer firmware using sn0wbreeze. Ignore the warning (if any) and just create the firmware. We’re not going to restore using this firmware anyway. 
    Firmware should be put on Desktop. Go to desktop and rename it to something that identify it as 3.1.3 Sn0wbreeze firmware. Also, change the extension to zip. 
    Extract the zip file 
    Connect your iPhone to your WiFi. Use SFTP and login to your iPhone. If you have no SFTP client, you can use FileZilla. Default username/password combo is: “root”/”alpine” (without the quotes) 
    Copy all the files you find in “Firmware/all_flash/all_flash.n88ap.production” (from the extracted custom firmware) to iPhone’s “/tmp” 
    Copy all the files you extracted from spirit2pwn_r2.zip to iPhone’s “/tmp”. 
    NOTE: Some reports error, so you may want to make another copy of “pwn_old_boot_r2.sh” on the /tmp named “pwn_old_boot_r1.sh” 
    Once done, SSH into the phone using PuTTy or use MobileTerminal on the phone 
    Use the same credentials as the SFTP credentials. Then run the following commands:

cd /tmp
    chmod 755 pwn_old_boot_r2.sh
    chmod 755 pwn_old_boot_r1.sh
    ./pwn_old_boot_r2.sh

Wait for the process to say “SUCCESS” 
    type “reboot” and let the phone reboot 
    Download sn0wbreeze 1.6.1 
    Create custom firmware for iOS4 
    Use the Shift+Restore (on Windows) or Alt+Restore (on Mac) and point to the custom iOS4 firmware.
    NOTE: If you’re not using iTunes 9.2 at this point, an error (13) will be raised 
    After complete, use Cydia and install the same packages again (openSSH, afc2add, MobileTerminal) and add another repository: http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com 
    Find Ultrasn0w and your phone is now jailbroken and unlocked on iOS4

do a google search of this line exactly with quotes
    "How to Create Your Own Local iTunes Restore Server using your ECID.SHSH"

there is a file in it that contains a program that will automatically patch your host files to goto sauriks server and not apples.

what you need to do is download legit 3.1.2 (if it was signed by saurik) ipsw, then use the guide to get you to a fresh install of that, then you can JB with blackra1n and either unlock or upgrade to ios4 using sn0wbreeze.

if you only have 3.1.3 shsh's signed by suarik, then you get those ipsw files and downgrade to that, then jb with spirit and unlock.

but if you were running 3.1.2 while jb, saurik probably has those shsh's on file

worst comes to worst, you downgrade to 3.1.3 and JB with spirit and your stuck on that until somebody comes up with a new way to JB ios 4.0