Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Do we need to help Geohot or Comex with an iphone?

Default Do we need to help Geohot or Comex with an iphone?
    Since neither Geohot nor Comex have an iPhone 4 to get a jailbreak done, why dont we all chip in and buy them one?

It shouldnt be hard to be able to come up with $599 for an iPhone 4.

Im definately willing to donate to get this jailbreak/unlock off the ground.

Anyone have any idea how to get in touch with them to see if this is something that would help?

I doubt its a money issue, (but i'm sure they'd both accept donations) there are plenty of people that can afford an iphone, but just can't find one.
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 2010-06-30 at 07:36 AM.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

geohots had a jailbreak ready for 4.0 since before the launch, he's just not interested/doesn't have time to release it.

comex looked to be having a little dig at geohot for not releasing his jailbreak on twitter earlier

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I just talked to comex a few hours. I think he is always receptive to donations. I think the main issue is finding one to purchase

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

GeoHot is teh rich, he doesnt need it Give it to comex

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

geohot is killing us with stuck 3GS's by not releasing, if that's the case.

I think donations to comex would be more usefull then to geohot, since comex is actively working on the jailbreak and we have yet to hear much from geohot

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kmmxracer View Post
    I think donations to comex would be more usefull then to geohot, since comex is actively working on the jailbreak and we have yet to hear much from geohot
    comex tweeted back to someone saying that he isn't working on a JB and hopes that geohot is...

Could it be anyone (geohot, comex or other) is keeping quiet on a JB for now as there's no point releasing a JB for iOS4.0 now which will reveal to Apple were the security holes are, when we really need the first stable (and relatively bugfree) release of iOS4 which is going to be iOS4.01+?

geohot's attitude is pretty weird.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Moi1970 View Post
    Could it be anyone (geohot, comex or other) is keeping quiet on a JB for now as there's no point releasing a JB for iOS4.0 now which will reveal to Apple were the security holes are, when we really need the first stable (and relatively bugfree) release of iOS4 which is going to be iOS4.01+?
    there's a point. there's tons of people running iOS4 on 3GS that can't JB because of no previous JB or with new bootrom.

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    He is just cocky and wants all the attention in my opinion. I have never used blackra1n or any of his exploits because of his attitude.

He doesn't care about helping the community, he is just self-centered and concerned about making money and fame for himself.

Anyone can get mad at me for talking trash on geohot, but **** him for being selfish, we don't need him.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jslay View Post
    He is just cocky and wants all the attention in my opinion. I have never used blackra1n or any of his exploits because of his attitude.

He doesn't care about helping the community, he is just self-centered and concerned about making money and fame for himself.

Anyone can get mad at me for talking trash on geohot, but **** him for being selfish, we don't need him.
    while he can come off as cocky, he also really helped a lot of iphone users, so actually, we DID need him and may again in the future.

I think its pretty clear to me these guys are not doing this and someone else better step up to the plate.

What ever their reasons and they may very well be legal, they do not seem the least bit interested. So the sooner folks realize this and stop waiting around for these guys maybe someone else will get off their *** and figure this sh*t out!

Quote Originally Posted by Moi1970 View Post
    Sounds exactly the same as what people where spouting with regard to the 3.1.3. jailbreak and look how quick Apple patched the userland hole

There's a lot of paranoia in the scene it seems.

while he can come off as cocky, he also really helped a lot of iphone users, so actually, we DID need him and may again in the future.
    His 'look at me' antics with regard of the PS3 resulted in millions of PS3 users losing other OS support.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

geez....

maybe it's time to get the old bootrom 3gs back in biz

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dying4004 View Post
    GeoHot == SJ in many ways
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Comex is currently working on the JB. Check out spiritjb dot com.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,057 Times in 2,011 Posts

So let's get back to the point of this thread; do we need to figure out a way to get GeoHot or Comex an iPhone 4 so they can figure out how to jailbreak it? Who's interested in doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by jslay View Post

i think if memory serves correct geohot was offered $10,000 by a unlocker site for blackra1n. and he didnt take it. he released it so we could all get our phone jb for free. i suppose he will be a little cocky. as his name is renowned in the iphone world and he also knows we need him more then he needs us. so lets just hope hes still there and willing to give us limera1n. the sooner the better!