Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error -9812

Default Error -9812
    I put my iphone 3gs 4.0 into recovery mode with recboot and when i try to restore with itunes it gives me the "connect to itunes" screen on the iphone but when i connect to itunes, itunes says "we could not complete your itunes store request. an unknown error occurred. (-9812) help ?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If you have broadband access (cable, DSL, or other high-speed access), try turning your modem off for a minute and then turning it back on. If you also have a router connected to the modem, turn it off for a minute and then back on again and try.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Ahhhhh I tried and this didn't work either. This sucks I can't exactly use my phone -_- is there anyway around this ? This error is a little ridiculous

This is actually what happened. I was trying to downgrade my iPhone from 4.0 to 3.1.3 and instead of putting my phone into DFU mode like you were supposed to, I ran it in Recovery mode and as a result, this is what happened. Would doing the process over again in DFU solve this whole thing ?
    Last edited by Stuff the Baker; 2010-06-29 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Open i tunes, connect iphone. turn the iphone on so you see the yellow triangle. Hold the power button and the home button for about 8 seconds or so until the screen goes off. Let go of the power but keep holding the home button for another few seconds until itunes see's it. when it does, let go. Hit recover in itunes.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?