Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes 1600 Error Fix HERE!

Default iTunes 1600 Error Fix HERE!
    Thought I might share this

I updated my jail-broken 3gs from 3.1.2 to 4.0 with no issue. I soon realized I was unable to send an MMS so I decided to use a different custom firmware in order to fix this issue. This is when all the trouble started. No matter what I did (Different cord, different computer, re-install iTunes, modifying system files, etc) nothing worked. Then it hit me, the reason it worked the first time is because I was on 3.1.2

iTunes errors (1600, 1601, 1603, etc) happen if you are on 4.0!

In order to get rid of all the ITunes errors while restoring, downgrade to either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, jailbreak with blackra1n, put phone in RESTORE mode, then update custom firmware.

This worked for me and I hope it works for you.

The problem is a lot of us dont have the SHSHs on file and cannot downgrade from 4.0.

I still wonder why someone hasn't figured out a way to manually load the SHSH data onto the server. You know, fill out a form with all the data from your iPhone on it, including your ESN. Are there encrypted keys generated that are part of the signature/verification?
    Last edited by RetiredBilly; 2010-06-29 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredBilly View Post
    The problem is a lot of us dont have the SHSHs on file and cannot downgrade from 4.0.

I still wonder why someone hasn't figured out a way to manually load the SHSH data onto the server. You know, fill out a form with all the data from your iPhone on it, including your ESN. Are there encrypted keys generated that are part of the signature/verification?
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that the SHSH files are required. I think there might be a way to do it without them. I will do some research and post my findings.