Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JB 3.1.2 crashed, should I upgrade to 3.1.3?

Unhappy JB 3.1.2 crashed, should I upgrade to 3.1.3?
    I have an iPhone2G with 3.1.2. It was jailbroken already for a while now using sn0wbreeze.

It crashed last night. It goes into a respring loop then when I plug in my iphone, i get the snowflake screen indicating to plug in the power. i do Not get the startup snowflake with a chunk missing.

When I hook it up to itunes, its not recognized.

Should I upgrade to 3.1.3? how would I start the process to upgrading if its not being recognized?

I tried pressing the home + sleep button combo to reset it but i may not be doing it right (even tho its easy to do) since it just goes through a restart then loops.

Thanx!

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Try using another computer to see if it will recognize your phone.

i did and its not recognized. Right now its not looping and its only displaying the snowflake with the cable to plug in. Not so sure what to do here to upgrade.

just put it in dfu mode, and click restore once itunes sees it. it will then ask if you want to restore and upgrade. click yes.

im trying to set it to dfu mode. When I press the sleep and home buttons together for 10secs, it shuts down. At this point, I release the sleep button and continue holding the home button but its definitely shutdown after releasing the sleep button. I have to press it again to start it.

after getting it to the recovery mode or dfu, its still not being detected by itunes. I've been searching all over google for any issues when in dfu mode and nothing.
    Last edited by Foeburner; 2010-06-28 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost