Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPSW Issues

Default IPSW Issues
    Hi all.. redsn0w isn't recognizing the specified IPSW file..I'm upgrading my 3G 3.1.2 to 4.0 using iTunes 9.2 I'm stuck at the emergency calls only screen on my iPhone. I've downloaded 4.0 on my desktop and also upgraded to 4.0 using iTunes 9.2.I've also downloaded redsn0w0.9.5b5-4 but cant get past the "unable to recognize specified IPSW file" message..What should I do next??

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Did you download 4.0 from Apple and copy it to your desktop or might you perhaps have downloaded the Gold Master that was released to developers? I don't think redsn0w supports the GM.

It sounds like your phone has been upgraded but not activated yet. Do you have an AT&T SIM? If you do, activate it and look to see if you have the game center app (or whatever it is called). If so, you have the GM.

I finally got red sn0w to work with the os 4 restore .ispw. I kept getting the same errors that you had. This is what I did.

Download redsn0w 0.9.5 beta 5-3. It is VERY important to get the 3rd version. I couldn't do it with the beta 5-2.

Get Red Sn0w beta 5.3 here!

Then I downloaded the 4.0/8A293 .ispw for my 3g. I put the .ispw file it its own folder on the desktop (It only worked after I tried this).

http://http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/

I ran red sn0w just fine after that!

Good luck. If I can help you, let me know.
    Last edited by Benniwise; 2010-06-28 at 07:52 PM. Reason: added URL for red sn0w

thanks!! I figured I needed the 3rd version of redsn0w but couldnt find it so I got frustrated n downgraded back to 3.1.2..now Im having prob with cydia..Im unable to connect to youtube cuz cydia is stuck on downloading packages whenever I try to install anything to fix the prob

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

The youtube problem is a hacktivation issue. You'll need a push notification fix which will also fix the youtube issue. Are you on WIFI trying to update Cydia?