Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit jailbreaking OS4...

Thanks

it's possible that whomever you bought the phone from had them saved or if you bought it from AT&T then it's probably a refurbished phone and the previous owner had them saved, there is no other way because the shsh's come from apple originally and since they aren't signing the 3.1.3 firmware anymore they had to have been on cydia already, no other way is it possible

I've come to the same conclusion. You must have just gotten lucky and had them stored online. There is no way to manipulate the ECID or any other limited options to force it to save a 3.1.3 file that would correspond with your phone.

i have an iphone 3gs ios4 with the old boot rom (never been previously jailbroken), would your thing, unlock it for me?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dwade2350 View Post
    i have an iphone 3gs ios4 with the old boot rom (never been previously jailbroken), would your thing, unlock it for me?
    at this point there is nothing you can do to jailbreak or unlock your phone, sorry

5. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

dwade2350 (2010-07-02)

Thanks
    spirit jailbreak on os 4 for a 3GS in windows is what millions are waiting for and i will be patient and very grateful to all the hard work by the tech heads who know what they are doing........all hail the jailbreak

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

looks like it's going to POSSIBLY be weeks after the front page article states that Apple is working on an "antenna fix" that will be released in a few weeks so I'm assuming the JB will not be release until then

Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    looks like it's going to POSSIBLY be weeks after the front page article states that Apple is working on an "antenna fix" that will be released in a few weeks so I'm assuming the JB will not be release until then
    Yes, that is quite saddening. Apple probably made this error on purpose so to spite all those who use/depend on a JB. It's not doubt that they have the fix in place already and that they're probably just working on stopping the new JB/unlock tools. And unfortunately, this still leaves millions without their iPhone 3GS' which is sad because many of us has had it sitting around for more than 6 months now.

Thanks

Good strategy apple ,

It would fit with Apple's actions, in my opinion.
    I genuinely am confused about why the release of 4.01 needs to come before the new JB. If I am correct, is it because there is some proprietary code involved that Apple has not yet released? If so...wouldn't there still be that issue of proprietary code?

Quote Originally Posted by AMTK62 View Post
    It would fit with Apple's actions, in my opinion.
    I genuinely am confused about why the release of 4.01 needs to come before the new JB. If I am correct, is it because there is some proprietary code involved that Apple has not yet released? If so...wouldn't there still be that issue of proprietary code?
    No, if the JB is released prior to 4.0.1, then Apple will find a way to break the new JB tools. Thus, when 4.0.1 rolls out and people upgrade, then they'll lose their JB/unlock. This is the same issue that plagued us all when 3.1.3 was released.

On an Apple Tech Support forum they stated that it would be released next week. Of course, that declaration is arbitrary, but I can't see them holding off for too long with all the hype around the iPhone 4. They are masters at manipulating the demand of their products and negative publicity due to the reception issue can kill all the momentum they've created building up to the release. Hopefully a jailbreak will be released shortly thereafter.

how do i change the host file?

Quote Originally Posted by godzillaman555 View Post
    I managed to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3 on a new bootrom, modem firmware 05.13.04 3Gs wihtout any saved SHSH blobs on Cydia. I used tinyumbrella and saved my SHSH for the 4.0 and unnder advanced changed it to 3.1.3. Then changed the host file to use 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com. Then I put the 3Gs into DFU mode and started the TSS server in tinyumbrella. open iTunes and Shift+Resore and point it to a copy of the 3.1.3 firmware. iTunes will start restoring and the screen pf the iPhone should turn from bacl to white. you will get an error that the iPhone couldnt be restored. THIS IS EXPECTED. Quit out of iTunes and re-open it. Shift+Resore again and point to the 3.1.3 firmware, this time it should flash the firmware on the iPhone. After about 10 mins you will get another error, but again its ok. Reboot the iPhone and it should be stuck in Recovery loop. I then used ih8snow's iRec and used the kick out of recovery button. (may need to press a few times. (i think i did like 3 times) then turn the iphone off and back on. and you should be in 3.1.3. I used Spirit to jailbreak and ultrasn0w to unlock and now im back in business!!

Dude... this worked.. Since i couldn't figure out the whole host thing... I just went for it. I followed alll... here is the Screen shot of the process. Screen shot 2010-07-02 at 3.31.37 PM.png... I was stuck on 4.0 for a while. and now... i am on 3.1.3.
    Last edited by quezart; 2010-07-02 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Wow, this thread got hijacked.

Quote Originally Posted by MnVikingsFan26 View Post
    Wow, this thread got hijacked.
    huh?

Quote Originally Posted by quezart View Post
    how do i change the host file?

Dude... this worked.. Since i couldn't figure out the whole host thing... I just went for it. I followed alll... here is the Screen shot of the process. Screen shot 2010-07-02 at 3.31.37 PM.png... I was stuck on 4.0 for a while. and now... i am on 3.1.3.
    Have you ever saved your SHSHs for 3.1.3? What's the history of your phone? Did you buy it used and it was already JB?

no... isaved the 4.0 shsh stuff... then i hit advance and saved the 3.1.3 shsh... then hit run tss thingy. it was taking long so i thought "eh... let me restore it on itunes." followed instructions and kicked it out of recovery with iReb... i got my 3gs used with the latest OS 4

Quote Originally Posted by quezart View Post
    no... isaved the 4.0 shsh stuff... then i hit advance and saved the 3.1.3 shsh... then hit run tss thingy. it was taking long so i thought "eh... let me restore it on itunes." followed instructions and kicked it out of recovery with iReb... i got my 3gs used with the latest OS 4
    The person who used it before probably saved all their SHSHs, as I can save all versions of iOS SHSHs with your ECID.

I have to try this...
    Last edited by mozarela; 2010-07-02 at 10:22 PM.
    Pressing "Thanks!" if I helped you is appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by mozarela View Post
    I thought the ECID has 16 digits not 13 as in that screenshot I'm just sayin'
    I think you're confusing ECID with IMEI.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR

This device isn't eligible for the requested build.
    Pressing "Thanks!" if I helped you is appreciated

22. The Following User Says Thank You to mozarela For This Useful Post:

redhot25 (2010-07-04)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast