Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit jailbreaking OS4...

Did u change the last box in advanced to Apple or Cydia. It needs to say Cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by godzillaman555 View Post
    Did u change the last box in advanced to Apple or Cydia. It needs to say Cydia.
    I left the last box as Cydia. Actually, I tried with both and it didn't work with either one. Supposedly, there's another forum where someone has had the success using the same technique on an ipt3g. Perhaps it only applies to certain models.

I used a new 3Gs ios4.0 new bootrom (359.3.2) modem firmware 05.13.04. iPhone model MB717LL/A

I used a new 3Gs ios4.0 new bootrom (359.3.2) modem firmware 05.13.04. iPhone model MB717LL/A
    Just curious, but which OS are you running? Windows 7, Vista, XP, or Mac?

I can't find tiny umbrella 4.0.0.49. I've found umbrella 4.0.0.45. Anybody have a link to this?

Quote Originally Posted by bigrog74 View Post
    I can't find tiny umbrella 4.0.0.49. I've found umbrella 4.0.0.45. Anybody have a link to this?
    Linkypoo.

I will try this on my XP machine. Maybe I'll have better luck there.

Just google tinyumbrella, and its the first link. There are the downloads on the right.

One issue that is apparent is that tinyumbrella must be run in Administrator mode. It actually says it isn't being run in administrator mode the majority of the time I start it anyway... However, I've still been unable to get it to save the 3.1.3 file.

Still no luck. I guess G-man must've lucked out. I tried the same procedure on XP and it still didn't work.

Whats not working? The restore, or backing up the SHSH files?

I can't even get itunes 9.2 to work right on this damn computer. P.O.S!!!!!

Whats not working? The restore, or backing up the SHSH files?
    I'm unable to save 3.1.3 or 3.1.2 SHSHs.

As soon as I get home I'll double check the process and then write out what I did again. When you connect your phone and run TinyUmbrella. does the program recognize the phone? can you save the SHSH as the 4.0? and then when u change the device to iPhone 3GS 3.1.3with the repository CYDIA it doesnt save it? Click on the display SHSH just to make sure. Try under advanced after the 4.0 are saved to click the reset button and try again.

It doesn't save it. It gives his error:
    >> Processing SHSH Request... >> This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

It recognizes the phone and saves for 4.0 fine, but if you attempt to deviate from the device model it is picking up it throws that error.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
    It doesn't save it. It gives his error:
    >> Processing SHSH Request... >> This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

It recognizes the phone and saves for 4.0 fine, but if you attempt to deviate from the device model it is picking up it throws that error.
    That's exactly what happens with me. I can save 4.0 just fine, but I get errors when trying to save other iOS versions.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MnVikingsFan26 View Post
    OK, so what I am gathering is that Moudy already had a jailbroken iphone and just re-jailbroke it with his modified spirit? Can anyone tell me if I understood that correctly?
    almost correct, it is already jailbroken because of the custom firmware, but the modified Spirit isn't rejailbreaking it, it isn't doing anything to it

Quote Originally Posted by douflag View Post
    That's exactly what happens with me. I can save 4.0 just fine, but I get errors when trying to save other iOS versions.
    the reason godzillaman is able to save them is because his 3.1.3 shsh's were already on cydia, y'all are getting that error because yours weren't
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-07-02 at 03:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

He said that he didn't have any saved anywhere. Although, I don't see how this could work following these procedures.

Mine couldn't have been on cydia. I bought the phone and upgraded it to ios4.0 before it was ever jailbroken.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast