Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit jailbreaking OS4...

OK, so what I am gathering is that Moudy already had a jailbroken iphone and just re-jailbroke it with his modified spirit? Can anyone tell me if I understood that correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by godzillaman555 View Post
    I managed to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3 on a new bootrom, modem firmware 05.13.04 3Gs wihtout any saved SHSH blobs on Cydia. I used tinyumbrella and saved my SHSH for the 4.0 and unnder advanced changed it to 3.1.3. Then changed the host file to use 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com. Then I put the 3Gs into DFU mode and started the TSS server in tinyumbrella. open iTunes and Shift+Resore and point it to a copy of the 3.1.3 firmware. iTunes will start restoring and the screen pf the iPhone should turn from bacl to white. you will get an error that the iPhone couldnt be restored. THIS IS EXPECTED. Quit out of iTunes and re-open it. Shift+Resore again and point to the 3.1.3 firmware, this time it should flash the firmware on the iPhone. After about 10 mins you will get another error, but again its ok. Reboot the iPhone and it should be stuck in Recovery loop. I then used ih8snow's iRec and used the kick out of recovery button. (may need to press a few times. (i think i did like 3 times) then turn the iphone off and back on. and you should be in 3.1.3. I used Spirit to jailbreak and ultrasn0w to unlock and now im back in business!!
    Question if i follow this method you posted and upload 3.1.3 on it will i have to put an At&t sim card in it to activate? I do not have one so i would not be able to activate it. PLease let me know. thank you

Yes you would need to activate with a sim card. You can try to restore back to 3.1.2 instead of 3.1.3 and use blackra1n (use tinyumbrella with 3.1.2 instead of 3.1.3). I didnt try that but its worth a shot if you dont have a sim card.

Quote Originally Posted by godzillaman555 View Post
    Yes you would need to activate with a sim card. You can try to restore back to 3.1.2 instead of 3.1.3 and use blackra1n (use tinyumbrella with 3.1.2 instead of 3.1.3). I didnt try that but its worth a shot if you dont have a sim card.
    Alright but as you can see from my post amount i am very new to this so why would 3.1.2 make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by El Ha View Post
    Alright but as you can see from my post amount i am very new to this so why would 3.1.2 make a difference?
    Because I believe that 3.1.3 cannot be unlocked and is not supported by many jailbreaking programs. Please correct me if I am wrong
    Signature cleaned...

3.1.3 can be jailbroken and unlocked by Spirit and ultrasn0w. Bur blackra1n for 3.1.2 can hacktivate the phone as well. 3.1.3 and Spirit requires the phone to not be on the iTunes screen (recovery mode)

Godzillaman,

How did you manage to get your SHSHs saved on TinyUmbrella? I'm tried using 4.0.0.49 and 4.0.0.23 and it doesn't work. I selected iPhone3GS OS 3.1.3 under "device/version" and Cydia under "location". All it tells me is that "this device isn't eligible for the requested build".

I also tried and got the same error.

Godzillaman, does it matter what version of itunes you used for your method?

I used 4.00.49. I set the host file first. Then plug the phone in NOT in DFU mode. The program will recognize the device. then i saved the SHSH as 4.0 and the in advanced I changed it to 3.1.3.

I used iTunes 9.2
    Last edited by godzillaman555; 2010-07-01 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

So you saved it as 4.0 then changed it in advanced to 3.1.3 and didn't save again?

did you mean ireb instead of irec in your descritpion above? If you did mean irec, where did you get it?

I saved the SHSH for 4.0 AND 3.1.3 just in case. I did mean iReb. It was a late night last night trying to get a working iPhone.

Man, I'm going to give this a shot in about an hour. I hope it works. What else do I have to lose? Godzillaman, is there anyway I can contact you if things go south? Please send me a p.m. if so. thanx!

Godzillaman, tell me if I'm doing anything wrong:

1. Open TinyUmbrella 4.0.0.49. Click save my shsh for iOS 4.
    2. Click on Advanced Options, and select device as iOS 3.1.3 for 3GS. Then select location as Cydia. (I'm confused on this step; do I save SHSH again?)
    3. Open "hosts" file and add "127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com" without quotes to the end of the file and save.
    3. Put 3GS phone into DFU mode and start iTunes.
    4. Hit shift + restore and select stock iOS 3.1.3.

I tried the above, but I get an error saying that the firmware is not compatible.

Yes you need to save the SHSH again. it saves it as 3.1.3. This way iTunes will let you restore to it.

Also beofre launching iTunes u need to start the TSS server and keep that running while u restore.
    Last edited by godzillaman555; 2010-07-01 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Still can't save as 3.1.3. Anyone else?

godzillaman,

Are you sure there are no other steps involved? It simply doesn't let us save the 3.1.3 file.

>> Processing SHSH Request... >> This device isn't eligible for the requested build.

Also, I've noticed that the option to start the TSS server is not available...
    Last edited by WhiteOut; 2010-07-01 at 11:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I saved the 4.0 SHSH, then under adfvanced i changed it to iPhone 3Gs 3.1.3, and saved again. I clicked on the check SHSH and it showed both the 4.0 and 3.1.3 listed. I can double check again exactly what it said after work tonight. and the start TSS should work, it worked fine for me. make sure u change the host file.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast