Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit jailbreaking OS4...

Gainesville, FL (The Swamp, only Gators get out ALIVE!!)
    Thanks

sent you an email moudy.....

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

how's it coming fellas?

It ain't 'appening I've tried and failed if it worked it'd be all over the net by now

Thanks

oh well, thanks for trying! That's more than most of us can say! I do IT but not coding so not much I can add.

I'd like to try it too (3GS w/ new Bootrom) already on stock iOS4; will this work?

Its ********, just like Teessider said, if it would work, it would be everywhere, currently nothing might save our phones, so its just patience.

i can test it on my 3gs ios4 new bootrom pleaes please please

I'm back @ 3.1.3 now

And thats how? Wanna share??

Thanks

Hopefully Comex or Geohot got into the apple store today and picked up their new shiny iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Teessider View Post
    I'm back @ 3.1.3 now
    can you share ? back at 3.1.3 fro ios4 ???????

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sbrownuk1 For This Useful Post:

moudy (2010-06-30)

Bleh, until i see some REAL Spirit Utillity, or other utilliy from normal people, it will be BS, mirracles dont happen and even Copperfield is a liar. Just patience, lets wait for the dear Devs.

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    the only way that he could be on 4.0 and still have the 05.12.01 basband is if he restored with a custom firmware which means he is already jailbroken and spirit isn't actually jailbreaking the phone, think about people, official update equals baseband update, custom update keeps older baseband
    That';s exactly what I done, I installed a custom firmware with no cydia Just so I can stay on the safe side when it come to updating the baseband. Then ran spirit to jailbreak the custom firmware, and it worked just perfect. "remember it's an old bootroom"
    You don't have to say it, Just click "Thanks".
    http://twitter.com/Duetschpire

Thanks

the creation of a custom firmware jailbreaks the phone, cydia is just an optional program to install, cydia doesn't do the jailbreak, since you have a mac then pwnagetool is what you used to create the firmware and that's what jailbroke the phone not spirit

Quote Originally Posted by moudy View Post
    That';s exactly what I done, I installed a custom firmware with no cydia Just so I can stay on the safe side when it come to updating the baseband. Then ran spirit to jailbreak the custom firmware, and it worked just perfect. "remember it's an old bootroom"
    if this is the case then you can safely stop what you are trying to do because a custom firmware is jailbroken builtin.

Thanks

you do get an A for effort though, you did more than i could have...

To get back to 3.1.3 from io4 you have to have SHSH backed up on cydia and I found I had to use iTunes 9.1 too, also you must edit your hosts file as mentioned elsewhere on this board then put phone in DFU mode then shift and restore 3.1.3 then you get error 1015 then your in recovery mode so it's shift and restore 3.1.3 again then once more you get error 1015 and your still in recovery. Perform a hard reset home n power buttons and on restart iTunes activates phone (genuine sim required)then spirit & Bob's yer uncle

Thanks

or just use quickpwn to get you out of recovery without having to restore twice :-)

hmm tried that it didn't work
    though it did when I went from 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 months ago

I managed to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3 on a new bootrom, modem firmware 05.13.04 3Gs wihtout any saved SHSH blobs on Cydia. I used tinyumbrella and saved my SHSH for the 4.0 and unnder advanced changed it to 3.1.3. Then changed the host file to use 127.0.0.1 gs.apple.com. Then I put the 3Gs into DFU mode and started the TSS server in tinyumbrella. open iTunes and Shift+Resore and point it to a copy of the 3.1.3 firmware. iTunes will start restoring and the screen pf the iPhone should turn from bacl to white. you will get an error that the iPhone couldnt be restored. THIS IS EXPECTED. Quit out of iTunes and re-open it. Shift+Resore again and point to the 3.1.3 firmware, this time it should flash the firmware on the iPhone. After about 10 mins you will get another error, but again its ok. Reboot the iPhone and it should be stuck in Recovery loop. I then used ih8snow's iRec and used the kick out of recovery button. (may need to press a few times. (i think i did like 3 times) then turn the iphone off and back on. and you should be in 3.1.3. I used Spirit to jailbreak and ultrasn0w to unlock and now im back in business!!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to godzillaman555 For This Useful Post:

quezart (2010-07-02)

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast