Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Waiting for 3g 4.0 Jailbreak

Default Waiting for 3g 4.0 Jailbreak
    Hi all. Based on everything that I've read as well as guides on this forum I've come to the conclusion that my phone is currently not Jailbreakable.

"If you are on 3.1.3 or 4.0 and can't downgrade to 3.1.2 because you don't have your SHSHs on file you currently can't jailbreak your iPhone 3GS to 4.0."

Stats are
    iphone: 3g
    Baseband: 05.13.04
    Boot Loader: 6.4
    Current Firmware: 4.0

Just a couple weeks ago I tried my first jailbreak on 3.1.3 firmware. I did get Cydia up and running but the Winterspring would not work. No themes or settings would change. After frustration I figured I'd restore back to normal, but this was the day the new update happened and I ended up doing a restore and update at the same time. I no longer have a 3.1.3 backup and refuse to lose my contacts and sms messages.
    So I ask the community if anyone else has had similar issues and is my only way of jailbreaking it now to wait for a future release? I'm on Windows as well.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

iPhone 3G can be jailbroken and unlocked via Redsn0w and Ultrasn0w respectively.

Your quote is for 3GS phones.

Yep. I installed stock iOS 4 onto my 3G and jb it with redsn0w. I unlocked it using ultrasn0w.