Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: This can't be right, can it? Quick question regarding Cydia's storage partition

Default This can't be right, can it? Quick question regarding Cydia's storage partition
    This is my first post, and before I go on I'd like to thank everyone at ModMyi and everyone on the forums for all the help and information that is available. I've been reading these forums and visiting the website for a long time, although this is my first post on the forums.

I did a lot of Googling, forum searching, wiki-reading, etc before I decided to post my question here. I hate to be one of those people who's answer was only a Google or forum search away. All the information I was able to receive was outdated or irrelevant, with iOS4 being so new and all.

My info: Windows 7 x64, iPhone 3GS 32Gb on 4.0 with old bootrom (359.3) and firmware 05.12.01. Before jailbreaking to 4.0 I was on 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackra1n. I used Sn0wbreeze 1.6.1 and the ModMyi tutorial to jailbreak and unlock.

When I opened up Cydia it gave me a warning that I had low storage space. Here's what I've got:

I decided to jailbreak again, but set up my phone as a new device instead of restoring it. I was hoping that this would format my iPhone or something and give me a "clean slate" to start off with. This was not the case. It actually slightly increased the amount of system storage space being used.

Is this a normal partition size? And why, with NOTHING on the phone, is 85.7% of it being used?

Any information or advice is greatly appreciated!

(bump)

Would someone mind sharing a screenshot of their Cydia storage section? I could use one just for comparison purposes.

All you have to do is get to the screen (open Cydia, go to manage, then storage) and click your power button and home button at the same time to take the screenshot. The screenshot will be in your Photos/Camera Roll.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

~Fs1
    Last edited by Frostshock1; 2010-06-28 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost