Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS4 jailbreak for 3GS users with Spirit JB?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iOS4 jailbreak for 3GS users with Spirit JB?
    Can anyone tell me if this works?

IOS 4 jaibreak for Spirit users with old bootroom

Requirements:

3GS iPhone with Old iBoot

This file spirit2pwn_r1.zip( http://code.google.c.../downloads/list )

STEPS:

1. Restore to orignal 3.1.3 firmware and jailbreak it with spirit

2. install fowllowing from cydia

packages: Afc2Add, OpenSSH and mobile terminal.

3. create a custom firmware 3.1.3 using PwnageTool Mac or Sn0wBreeze Windows.

4. Now go to the directory where you saved the custom firmware 3.1.3 and change the extension. IPSW to. ZIP and unzip the file you just created.
    Once finished, open the folder indicated by the name of the firmware and placed in Firmware/all_flash/all_flash.n88ap.production and move all the files in the / tmp directory on your iPhone using an SSH connection.
    Decompression spirit2pwn_r1.zip the previously downloaded file, and once again move all the files in the directory / tmp on your iPhone.

Run on the iPhone Mobile Terminal and type these commands:
    su root
    Alpine (your password)
    cd / tmp
    chmod 755 pwn_old_boot_r1.sh
    ./pwn_old_boot_r1.sh
    When the process really SUCCEED.

Restart your iPhone.

You can now restore the custom firmware with PwnageTool 4.0 or Sn0wBreeze created earlier.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acoustical For This Useful Post:

MattOnDemand (2010-07-02), rmathew_99 (2010-07-01), Will01 (2010-06-30)

Thanks

Can't use pwnage tool with Spirit jailbreak.
    But hey.. try it... never know.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    From the looks of this it makes it so that it's technically not a spirit jailbreak anymore.

This works if anyone is wondering
    Last edited by acoustical; 2010-06-27 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just tried this on my 3GS with the old bootrom and it does in fact work, just to confirm it once again. Once you jailbreak you can then install ultrasn0w for an unlock.

Hi, I tried to JB my iphone 3GS
    , but it went into DFU mode while restarting. and it says to DL spirit2pwn_r1.zip but it points to r2 file.
    any luck to do this right?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

confrim!!! it works!!!!

I'd do it but I am not that advanced of a user to try this. I'll wait for a simpler blackra1n or spirit.

So does this actually work?

Quote Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
    So does this actually work?
    Yes, it has been confirmed a couple of times already. Just make sure you read and fully understand everything before you try it.

Gotcha.

So, I'm already certain I have the old bootrom (week 21 3gs, MB... model), but do I need to re-JB with spirit? I already JB'd with spirit.

Gotcha.

So, I'm already certain I have the old bootrom (week 21 3gs, MB... model), but do I need to re-JB with spirit? I already JB'd with spirit.
    If you already jailbroken then you can just follow from step 2 on. No need to do a fresh install just to re-jailbreak.

Cool cool.

I guess I'll give it a go.

Where does the jailbroken 4.0 firmware come from, snowbreeze?

Cool cool.

I guess I'll give it a go.

Where does the jailbroken 4.0 firmware come from, snowbreeze?
    Depending on whether your using Windows or Mac will determine whether you use Sn0wBreeze (Windows) or PwangeTool (Mac). You need to create two custom firmwares, one for 3.1.3 and one for 4.0. Here are some updated instructions with some file changes.

This tutorial is only recommended for experienced users.
    anything goes wrong i will not liable for anything
    Requirements:

3GS iPhone with Old iBoot

This file spirit2pwn_r2.zip( Downloads - iphone-img3-flasher - Project Hosting on Google Code )

STEPS:

1. Restore to orignal 3.1.3 firmware and jailbreak it with spirit

2. Install fowllowing from cydia

packages: Afc2Add, OpenSSH and mobile terminal.

3. Create a custom firmware 3.1.3 using PwnageTool 3.15(Mac) or Sn0wBreeze (Windows). Create a custom firmware 4.0 using PwnageTool 4.01 (Mac) or Sn0wBreeze (Windows) and save it for a later step.

4. Now go to the directory where you saved the custom firmware 3.1.3 and change the extension .IPSW to .ZIP and unzip the file you just created.
    Once finished, open the folder indicated by the name of the firmware and placed in Firmware/all_flash/all_flash.n88ap.production and move all the files into the /tmp directory on your iPhone using an SSH connection.
    Decompress spirit2pwn_r2.zip, the previously downloaded file, and once again move all the files in the directory /tmp on your iPhone.

Run on the iPhone Mobile Terminal and type these commands:
    su root
    alpine (your password)
    cd /tmp
    chmod 755 pwn_old_boot_r2.sh
    ./pwn_old_boot_r2.sh
    When the process really SUCCEED.

Restart your iPhone.

You can now restore to the custom firmware iOS 4 you created earlier.
    Last edited by KiDFuZioN; 2010-06-28 at 03:11 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KiDFuZioN For This Useful Post:

akward silence (2010-06-27)

I'll give it a try.

Thanks for the help so far fuzion!

How do I create custom firmware with snowbreeze? I can't find the guide anymore
    Last edited by akward silence; 2010-06-27 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i'm not a newbie , and 100% sure have the old boot , but always take a couple of 160X errors when "preparing iphone for restore" is on the screen

the sn0wbreeze version i make 3.1.3 custom is 1.5.2 .
    and for 4.0 custom , i used 1.6.1 ..

i'm not sure , if any cydia packages conflict with smt here , i'm not able to load 4.0 custom anyway.

but luckily i can kick phone out of recovery mode with blackra1n ,and go on using 3.1.3 from where i'm left..

i may try again from the beginning but 99% sure i dont make any mistake , maybe there are other limitations to get this patch work.

Any ideas ?

I followed similar steps, but I haven't gone any further than making the custom ispw files.

I can't find the guide on how to SHSH into your phone. I just got a new pc and I don't have the programs anymore.

I followed similar steps, but I haven't gone any further than making the custom ispw files.

I can't find the guide on how to SHSH into your phone. I just got a new pc and I don't have the programs anymore.
    Here is the guide you need to transfer all the required files into your phone. Windows Guide To Using WinSCP With iPhone

Thanks! I'll continue on.

Hopefully I can get it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpbug View Post
    i'm not a newbie , and 100% sure have the old boot , but always take a couple of 160X errors when "preparing iphone for restore" is on the screen

the sn0wbreeze version i make 3.1.3 custom is 1.5.2 .
    and for 4.0 custom , i used 1.6.1 ..

i'm not sure , if any cydia packages conflict with smt here , i'm not able to load 4.0 custom anyway.

but luckily i can kick phone out of recovery mode with blackra1n ,and go on using 3.1.3 from where i'm left..

i may try again from the beginning but 99% sure i dont make any mistake , maybe there are other limitations to get this patch work.

Any ideas ?
    Once you get the "SUCCEED" message you just need to restart the phone and let it enter the OS normally, you don't need to go into DFU or restore mode to restore to the custom iOS4 you created. After it has rebooted let it sync with iTunes than either hold down the Option key (on Mac OS X) or the SHIFT key (Windows) while clicking the Restore button in iTunes to select your custom iOS4 firmware.

that was the first thing i tried , but when it gave me an 16xx error , i just tried other methods.

re-installed itunes , make another custom FWs .. but phone never accepts customs .

i think pwn boot is okey, because i can use blackrain to kick phone out of recovery mode to go back to 3.1.3 ..

but it rejects accepting custom FW 4.0 onto it .. bootrom is okey , octal 755 is okey , custom FW s are okey

what is missing i dont know

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast